My 2007 CLS63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Well I thought it was about time I put up a project thread on my 2007 CLS63.

Back in 2015 I was in the market for a luxury high performance car and was looking at the V10 M5/M6 models not knowing that the CLS63 was within the price range I’d been considering.

It turned out that the father in law of a well known detailer on here was selling his absolutely mint CLS63 so I stretched my budget a little and the deal was done.

So, here it is when I first bought it. Just over 17k on the clock, a full service history and as you can imagine thoroughly well looked after.

DSCF3072%201_zpsvqhnkjnl.jpg

DSCF3074%201_zpskep6ffle.jpg

I haven’t made any changes to the car in particular. The car has been serviced and kept as clean as can be. I decided on a private number plate. I have X666 ALX on another car so decided on Y666 ROX (my daughters name is Roxie) for this beasty.

1_zpsqxez7ynt.jpg

2_zpsno79tihn.jpg

Few pictures inside.

Interior10_zpshfrptbhe.jpg

Interior2_zpsixpm06cy.jpg

Interior7_zpsylki23lp.jpg

12_zpsov3ut6l0.jpg

DSCF3427_zpsjtbtywpa.jpg
[/URL]

9348A82F-F0F7-4DB9-A463-A0DEBF42354F_zpskgvrds8f.jpg

FAF7BA73-1F38-4FEC-A712-A2DE5F127903_zpspqrlcmpa.jpg

2E9483AC-8068-4A30-9C9C-2E1CAA8F1198_zps9f6splov.jpg

To be honest, I still absolutely love this car. It sounds great, I think it looks awesome and it’s still an event to drive so I intend on hanging on to it for some time and keeping it mint.

IMG_2276_zpsurftd27n.jpg

DSCF3397_zpsgcttobln.jpg

DSCF3418_zpsdloc2faq.jpg

DSCF3423_zpszu0lnzbk.jpg

DSCF3434_zpsuqhdnqbj.jpg

8_zpspbkc0dgg.jpg

IMG_2287_zpsxjnau0tg.jpg

4B0A546A-4694-4507-AF62-931778EEE241_zps2eqpalvx.jpg

…and that engine!!

7_zps2ibyswj3.jpg

6_zpstqoyrwpx.jpg

Oh and lastly I managed to pick up an orginal hard back brochure for my era of CLS!

59B05681-3C33-4461-BFFD-C8AB07326F3D_zpsdcdndwct.jpg

That’s about it for the time being.

Nice! Love the steering wheel!

Sort out the Matt's though, looks like you got them of the set of Robot Wars!

Lovely looking car Alex, but have to agree with Karl, needs some nice AMG or MB plush ones to finish it off.

Fret not about the matts. I have the plush OEM ones in the boot. These are purely functional and came with the car. They keep the foot wells protected though.

What's wrong with Robot Wars?? Nothing wrong with keeping your virginity into your 40s and building 'robots' instead hahaha

Beautiful example. Looks pristine. Mine is similar but never truly detailed. What are the plans for it?

Beautiful example. Looks pristine. Mine is similar but never truly detailed. What are the plans for it?

Just a wild guess, but think it's gonna be remap, exhaust, pulley, cams ;)
:D

Just a wild guess, but think it's gonna be remap, exhaust, pulley, cams ;)
:D

Haha I'm not sure on that just yet. Although a re-map would be quite nice. Haven't got the cash spare to plough into this one just yet.

No intention of selling up though so l'll keep hold of it and enjoy that 510bhp as is for now. :thumb:

Well I had the CLS out for a bit of a drive today, not mega miles but just enough to put a smile on my face.

Also, since Photobucket stitched us all up, I've uploaded some pictures elsewhere. :banana:

S0X92xT.jpg

5vgkC1i.jpg

Few shots from out and about.

IjnC7Rs.jpg

GlMqGP3.jpg

dUjzxz7.jpg

S68NwoQ.jpg

And here we see the CLS63 in it's natural habitat! haha

nEkHors.jpg

Finally a little clip of that exhaust note. To think the C63 is louder yet I'm not sure it needs to be!

https://youtu.be/E0ckY8ITv8A

Luv the "666" plate, Brutus could do with that lol, Looking ace Sir ;)

Luv the "666" plate, Brutus could do with that lol, Looking ace Sir ;)

Thanks mate, your car definitely could do with a number of the beast reg plate! :thumb:

Funnily enough I have another plate like that one on a Megane 225 which I still own and have done since 2006! The plate I got for my 21st birthday from my parents.

CaFIUJy.jpg

My little girl is Roxie so I thought 666 ROX can go on her first car.

Looking and sounding good Alex.

Loving the Megane. My wife has a Twingo RS133 and I was tempted by a Megane to complete the package, but other needs must!

Thanks mate. Believe it or not I have a Twingo 133 as well haha. I've always been a huge RenaultSport fan. I've had a couple of Clio 172s and I had a Megane 225 Trophy as a daily car for a while.

I've had the 133 since 2010. Such a great, direct little car and an amount of power you can use the full all the time. :)

282jvZ0.jpg

Nice, a Gordini. My wife has a 13 plate face lift with Cup Chassis (but not a Cup version, so keeps the a/c and split fold rear seats).

How tall are you? I am 5ft10 and I struggle with the seating in hers - the front seats do not go back far enough. Shame really as I do quite like it and they go around corners like they're on rails. I drove it to Amsterdam and back and I was like a cardboard cut out for days lol. I'd have to turbo it mind, but then I hardly get time to drive the E55, so another car or two would be pointless for me lol.

This one is a non-Cup chassis but being the Gordini it retained the 17" wheels as opposed the 16" rims the normal 133 had. Funnily enough my ex had a 133 in Glacier White and opted for the Cup chassis, black/white pack, black wheels and a panoramic roof. They are great fun little cars though.

I'm 6'1 so I'm not little but found the Twingo to be very upright. That prior to the Twingo I'd had Clios of different shapes, the Megane was the biggest car I'd owned up until then. Even owned a Lupo for a while so got used to small cars. Now I'm spoilt driving the E Class day to day haha.

Couple of my other RenaultSports. I sold this 2005 225 Trophy to make way for the CLS. Was running a K-tec re-map so about 265bhp.

y4o4oYR.jpg

This was my intended track car (hence lairy wheels), until my little girl made an appearance and I sold it for the Trophy. This had uprated cams, exhaust system and induction so made about 185bhp.

AR7lIM5.jpg

Fair to say you like Renaults then lol.

I was a Ford boy, my first 3 cars were Sierra's (16v RS2000 engined Sapphire, XR4x4 and Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth). Moved away from Fords for a while after I sold my Cossie. In fact I haven't owned a proper Ford (Mazda's don't count lol) since 2008.

Haha yeah pretty much. I've owned nine Renaults in my driving life time, five were RenaultSport variants. For all Renaults flaws they know how to make a fun hot hatch! :)

Sounds like you've owned some classic Fords though mate. I've only really a driven a handful of Fords but my mum had a SportKa that was a real laugh to drive.

It was once I got into my 30s that I had the urge (and money) to own something luxury and with a silly engine. Hence the CLS but now it's given me a flavour of Merc-ness so I'll be sticking with them for a while now. :)

9! You need committing LOL

I've owned a few, 2 cossies, 3 XR4x4's, 1 XR4i, Granada Cossie.. Owned some dross as well LOL.

I've always liked big cars. The most luxury one I'd had for a while was an old Omega Elite 3.0. Had a Vectra Elite 3.2 and 2 E39 BMW M5's since. I like the luxury of the E55, but I am missing some of the raw feeling from the M5...

Attachments

• cos2.jpg
    cos2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well we've all owned some cars that are less 'cool' shall we say but make up for it with the good stuff.

I like the E39 M5s, I considered one prior to my CLS as it happens. They seem to be creeping up in value as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom