My 2007 CLS63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah the M5 is, last of the analogue M5's, but they're rust prone. Both of mine had rust issues and never ran right.

A lovely CLS63, exhaust note is perfect. I wouldn't mind chucking the Renaults around a few twisted either!

Yeah the M5 is, last of the analogue M5's, but they're rust prone. Both of mine had rust issues and never ran right.

It certainly strikes me more of an old school type car. Different generation to the platform the E/CLS is built on.

A lovely CLS63, exhaust note is perfect. I wouldn't mind chucking the Renaults around a few twisted either!

I agree the CLS has that perfect sound where it's loud enough to sound sporty and has that huge engine without being chavvy.

The Twingo doesn't actually much noise but it's got that 'proper' hot hatch feel to it. Lightweight, needs to be revved to get the power out of it and changes directly brilliantly.

Well thought I'd update this thread, the last time in a while I suspect. As you probably saw from my thread about car storage, I booked the car in for a stay at a local car storage facility.

To be honest the service was excellent, with an arranged pick up and me following the car to the location.

0ZWjwaZ.jpg

Not only did I have the oil and filter changed prior to going in, I of course had to clean it to within an inch of it's life. Firstly the interior, plastics given a once over with Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care, leather cleaned with Dr Leather spray and everywhere vacuumed.

SRmOTO2.jpg

L8ZLArG.jpg

LDtkt1O.jpg

gWs1pvG.jpg

Nc1qujQ.jpg

Original mats kept safe in the boot!

gwGtpsT.jpg

Engine bay was up next, which always stays fairly clean but can't hurt to be more shiny. Again the Vinyl & Rubber care works nicely.

taA0d0S.jpg

7PvPqjs.jpg

I then cleaned the outside of the car in the usual two bucket method, microfirbre wash mitt, Dodo Juice Basics of Bling shampoo and dried with lots of microfibre towels. The car was then covered for a couple of days prior to pick up.

The car was obviously trailered to the location in an enclosed transport so was 99.9999% clean when it arrived. That didn't stop me giving it a quick once over. I'm not one for using waterless car washes but rather than a quick detailer, I opted for this.

XBk0ofJ.jpg

Thought it may be a little slicker to use. It was quite good, I used half a bottle to be on the safe side and I can't see this replacing my usual wash method. New side of microfibre per panel but it was ultimately clean beforehand!

Y44RblP.jpg

vcJ8883.jpg

Car was then moved to it's new spot tucked away.

puqeS5x.jpg

The car has had the tyres pumped up high and is on charge so can be moved at any time. I just haven't had time to enjoy the car and I need the space on my driveway so at least I know it's secure, warm, dry and has it's own radiator!! haha

OtQuFtu.jpg

Lovely car. Looks a mile long on the pictures haha.

To be honest these are really long cars but the shape accentuates it as well!

You have that line from the front wheel arch all the way to the boot which I love highlights it’s a long vehicle. In reality I doubt it’s much longer than my W211 E Class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom