My 2012 C220 Sport Plus Turbo Mystery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akula80

Car
W204 C220 AMG Sport Plus
Could any of you very knowledgeable chaps give me a definitive answer as regards whether my car has a single or twin turbo. There are some contradictory opinions on this

Well mostly because I am as mechanically minded as you are helpful. Looking under the bonnet would not give me a definitive answer unfortunately so I thought I'd try reaching out to the Merc community for help answering this

My c200 is single turbo, I'm pretty sure the 220 and 250 sports have twin turbos

Pm me chassis number will.check

C220 cdi's have what is termed "twin turbo" but you won't find two turbos, the technology is described as sequential, basisically that means ....in line. A very efficient piece of kit.

Thanks for the replies. I am asking this as I just had a stage 1 remap and I had the understanding that the 220 version of my car had the same engine as the 250 ie 2 or twin turbos.

So is the sequential turbo in mine the same as in a 250 or does it have 2 separate turbos?

it should be identical but the injectors might be different, i cant find a definate answer.

I thought the injectors in the 250 are different as well-seem to recall you'll find this out trawling through the post on the injector recall for this engine

Cool thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom