My C43 got rear ended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cjab98

Car
G55 AMG and Ghibli 2.8GT
This happened about 2 weeks ago, I was indicating to turn into a petrol station on my right and waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear when a woman in a Ka decided to get a bit too close to me.:mad:

She saw me indicating and saw my brake lights on, but throught I was slowing down for a junction 300yds down the road. By the time she realised I was stationary to turn into the petrol station it was too late, she locked her brakes and went straight into the back of me. She was a bit injured from whiplash and from the safety belt tugging on her so got taken to hospital, but got released the next day so at least its not too serious.

Hadn't posted about it until now as I wanted the insurers to sort everything out first. At least she never made anything difficult and admitted liability straight away.

Got a phone call from Nationwide Crash Repair centre today (insurance company aranged for my car to go there), saying they're going ahead with the repairs, and the car is getting a new bootlit, bumper, light cluster, floorpan and some boot trim. I was worried they would write it off as C43's are so cheap these days, so I'm glad they decied to fix it! Total repair is £2,302.

Doom ! Know exactly how you feel. :(

Glad you managed to sort it though . :)

Good thing nobody was seriosuly injured.

How about your own neck.... as you got hit from the back, pos you have got whiplash?
My neck is fine, was a bit tight for a couple of days afterwards but nothing to worry about, that was 2 weeks ago now. I hate people who claim for all kind of injuries when they have nothing, it just makes insurance premiums more expensive for everyone!

The Ka was properly smashed up, the front wheels were pointing in different directions. Just shows the difference between the two kind of cars when both were roughly the same age (hers was a Y reg), the Mercedes had a lot less damage.

How old is your car and do you want to keep it under the Mobilo umbrella.

If your not fussed then go ahead.

If not then

STOP.....................

State in a polite friendly manner that yhou own a Mercedes that comes with a 30 year warranty but you MUST have the car repaired at a Mercedes-Benz approved location.

Down here the agent is held in extremely high regard and their work is exemplary

Regards
John

Good to hear you are Ok and I agree with you about the whiplash.;)
Given the choice I wouldn't send the car to Nationwide accident centre, they are cheap for a reason.
If the car does go through them have a good look around underneath before accepting it back. Possibly expect lack of sealant on seams and scraped unserseal not patched.

Thanks for the heads up John, Nationwide Crash Repair Centre Warwick are MB approved (I've got this in writing from the Insurer already).

Also I've already had the car repaired for rust about 6 months ago and couldn't get MB to agree do it, so had to fork out myself... which ends any Mobilio cover that they refused me anyway (the car is 8 years old now).

I hope you're not insured with the Admiral group, or you can look forward to your insurance premium increasing. I had someone nudge into the back of my car in May, only very light scuff on my bumper which needed a repair & respray. It was all dealt with, other party admitted liability etc.

I just had my renewal through from Admiral: £458 (last year £380)

Online quote from Admiral, declaring non fault accident: £419.

Online quote, not declaring accident: £338

It stinks, frankly. :mad:

Woah, gutted about the crash, but your lucky it wasnt written off eh?

Most insurers don't weight for a single no-fault claim, although you do have to declare it. Admiral sound like a company to avoid then ;)

Glad you're ok.... I agree Admiral are taking the P*55 there...

I'm with Groupama Insurance (through A Plan), they've been very good so far, can't fault them!
As soon as they got confirmation from the other insurer that she admitted liability they informed me that the excess was waived, unlike some people I know who have to pay their excess and then claim it back for a no fault claim.
They have always been courteous on the phone (and are based in the UK rather than India like some) and keep me informed of any updates, so I'm pretty impressed with them so far.

I hope you're not insured with the Admiral group, or you can look forward to your insurance premium increasing. I had someone nudge into the back of my car in May, only very light scuff on my bumper which needed a repair & respray. It was all dealt with, other party admitted liability etc.

yup, Admiral tried this on with me about a year ago (i think i posted a rant here about it!!).

i told them to get stuffed and now insure our 3 cars elsewhere who dont charge extra for NON FAULT accidents.

EDIT: here is the ink HERE

Glad to hear your sorted.

Not directly related, but I'm with Admiral and when I asked them about declaring my no fault bike claim, they told me it doesn't make any difference as its a car policy.

They also knocked a chunk off my recent renewal to beat a 10 month Direct Line Policy so I was quite pleased despite paying through the nose due to London weighting. I find it always pays to speak to someone even if the quote was obtained on line.

Ade

Most insurers don't weight for a single no-fault claim, although you do have to declare it. Admiral sound like a company to avoid then ;)

Depending on how well their quote stacks up anyway. They may still be cheaper after loading for a NFC.

You should complain about this to the FSA. That's exactly why they've been given the job of regulating insurance.
:devil:

I had a similiar experience with Admiral/elephant. Several years ago my wife had a 'collision' with an SUV, her MX5 no damage, the SUV no damage. The other (woman) driver went into a massive rant, called the police etc who politely told her to get lost. She then lodged a claim with her insurers who must have followed it up then dropped it as we never heard another thing about it. Anyway, my wife is on my policy so when I last got a quote from elephant they loaded the premium by £50 because of the incident. I reasoned that no damage was done and no claim was ever paid out but they refused to drop it. I would have gone elsewhere but they were still the cheapest with the loading. Funnily enough, her own insurance was never impacted by the incident.

I've just (reluctantly) renewed with Admiral. They matched the loaded online quote of £419, which was still, by some margin, the cheapest. NU, Direct Line etc were £100+ more expensive, Churchill & Tesco wouldn't cover me without a tracking device! I mean, come on, it's a clk320 worth less than £6k, why the hell does it need a tracking device? :confused:

Its (finally) been fixed and I'll get it back tomorrow:D
Took them over a month so they better have made a decent job of it!

Its (finally) been fixed and I'll get it back tomorrow:D
Took them over a month so they better have made a decent job of it!

hope you recorded the mileage before you dropped in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom