My Car Has Been Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Details to follow, but forced entry into the house at 10pm last night and keys handed over under threat from multiple assailants :(.

That's horrible. I hope you and a family are okey.

Jeez J that's absolutely awful. All safe? What scum.

It's at moments like this you wish you could push a button and blow them up as they drive away.

Gutted .. hope you are all ok

****e, that is scary.

Hope family (and you) cope okay - if you have kids who live with you, spend time with them...

It's just a car, but targeted home invasion is up there as one of the more traumatic.

Wow
I am sorry to read that!
I trust no-one got hurt and remember you can always get another car but the trauma can be a mind changing! Not only for you but your family members as well because you come out of it feeling violated & sometimes not sleeping at night which makes you mentally exhausted .

You might need victim's counselling, don't refuse it if offered!

I have been held up at gun point doing the payroll in Caracas about 25 years ago . For a second it was all like slow motion--not real--until my minder Brujo (the witch) took him out with a single round from a Browning semi- auto hidden inside a gun port office security kiosk. It took me a while to get over it!

Of course where we live now there are "Make My Day" laws, so house invasions are rare ! Most households have legal weapons at hand and it can be harmful to the health of would be assailants, so there is a real deterrent. .
God bless you and family from ours and good luck
Dennis
aka Tuercas viejas

Last edited:
As with others , hope you and family are OK .

No doubt whatsoever you did the right thing getting rid of them with no harm to yourselves . I hope they are caught .

I guess you'll now be looking at home security , even if it only buys you time in the event of another attempted break in ?

Ideally , with these kinds of thing , some sort of device which allows the car to start normally and get far enough away before cutting out would be useful - by which time you'd have alerted the authorities . Does it have a tracker ?

While the stolen car might not in itself be of great concern to the police , I'm sure the home invasion and threat to your family will be taken very seriously .

Last edited:
Shocking John! Very sorry to hear that. :(

Hi,
Hope you are all OK - you did well to just handover the keys.
I hope that the thieves did not find your car through this forum and your posts here (were you listed with your location on the members map?).
Cheers
Steve

Offering my heartfelt sympathy doesn't seem adequate in so many ways, John.

Sincerely hope you and your family are all OK?

John, I'm very sorry to hear the news. I hope you and your family are safe and well, and you all start to get over this shock quickly. I'm not far away, if there's anything I can do to help, then just let me know.

That's truly shocking John!!!

I hope you and your family are ok, a simple burglary is traumatic enough, never mind the threats...

Thoughts are with you mate

sorry to hear that mate , I hope you and family are ok.

Oh, ****, John - not a lot more to say but as long as you and the family are ok that is all that matters.
Really feel for you and I hope things go as well as they can.

Grrr... wish I could find them and pound their faces in.

I hope you and the family are ok.

Publish details ... someone may see it...

Hope you're all OK - it must have been shocking.

Do put up the reg and spec. - there are only dozens of these things on the road, so someone may see it. It's not like it's yet another grey BMW X5.

Bizarre theft - seems a bit unprofessional. I thought these guys focussed on near new six-figure cars / SUV's and shipped them straight out of the country in containers?

Any impression from what they said as to whether they were local chancers / scavengers / parts traders / cloners, or something more international ?

Cross fingers that we could use this network to track them down

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom