My Christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
%5Burl=https://postimg.org/image/gxuh2lw55/%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://s20.postimg.org/gxuh2lw55/IMG_0240.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Nice car, but that number plate is in a shocking state!

Come March 1st, I hope my car gets the satin bedcover treatment too, but I suspect there will be so many new owners picking up their car that day, at what must be CarWow's most popular dealer, that it'll be either a mass unveiling or they'll whip my sheet off, straight onto another car.

Nice car, but that number plate is in a shocking state!

Come March 1st, I hope my car gets the satin bedcover treatment too, but I suspect there will be so many new owners picking up their car that day, at what must be CarWow's most popular dealer, that it'll be either a mass unveiling or they'll whip my sheet off, straight onto another car.

SURELY you'll get the silk cover treatment. S Classes will take preference over all the other poor mans Mercs? :dk: don't forget that "You're connnnnnnnnnsiderably richer that them!"

Ant. :D

Maybe I've not noticed but there seems to have been a sudden increase in the number of 4WD saloons from the usual non-Audi German contingent?

I notice BMW are selling their 540i in X drive only.

Is this to compete with Audi?

SURELY you'll get the silk cover treatment. S Classes will take preference over all the other poor mans Mercs? :dk: don't forget that "You're connnnnnnnnnsiderably richer that them!"

Ant. :D
Ha! Ant, I thought applied to SL owners .

Funny how an S class attracts contents like this but expensive, high-end "flashy" cars (like AMG versions, Maserti GTs or QPs, Ferraris, Aston's or RRs) do not. S class owners don't be ashamed of your motors, even if it means they make us financially poorer, faster than most other M-Bs! [emoji106]

Kiat

Ha! Ant, I thought applied to SL owners .

Funny how an S class attracts contents like this but expensive, high-end "flashy" cars (like AMG versions, Maserti GTs or QPs, Ferraris, Aston's or RRs) do not. S class owners don't be ashamed of your motors, even if it means they make us financially poorer, faster than most other M-Bs! [emoji106]

Kiat

Just so you know my post wasn't sarcastic. It was a genuine 'pat on the back' for ordering an S Class. Pure luxury and total quality.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing your thoughts. I wish you and your family many happy healthy miles in it. :thumb:

Ant.

JohnEBoy said:
Maybe I've not noticed but there seems to have been a sudden increase in the number of 4WD saloons from the usual non-Audi German contingent? I notice BMW are selling their 540i in X drive only. Is this to compete withscreenshot windows 7 Audi?
Defo to compete with Audi. I fancied a change from my Audi A4 black edition 3.0l tdi Quattro so I bought a new c250 amg line last year but have to say once you have had 4 wheel drive and go back to rear wheel drive you miss the security. Fine on dry roads but on wet the rear wheel drives all over the place. So found myself wanting a 4matic and probably won't go back to rear wheel drive again, it's fun for a while until it snows and then your glad you have 4 wd .

Just so you know my post wasn't sarcastic. It was a genuine 'pat on the back' for ordering an S Class. Pure luxury and total quality.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing your thoughts. I wish you and your family many happy healthy miles in it. :thumb:

Ant.

Thanks, nice one, no hard feelings, I knew you meant well, just was a general observation from. I plan on taking some good pics of it, for sure. If I had a lot more money, I'd have gone for an S500 (with the full on Burmeister) but that car is only LWB here and no 4MATIC, so maybe not. The S350d will be 100bhp more powerful and 4x more expensive than any car I've ever owned, so it's a step up in the power dept for me as well as the luxury and tech. Should be wonderful, can't wait

Talking of waiting, it'll be 5+ months for me, but I wonder what's the longest forum members have had to wait for their cars? How about you Ant?

I wonder what's the longest forum members have had to wait for their cars? How about you Ant?

Well, longest for me was 14 weeks on a Mondeo ST220 factory order. (2005) since then I've only ever bought ready built cars because I'm a tight a**e and hunt for bargain deals. :rolleyes:

Defo to compete with Audi. I fancied a change from my Audi A4 black edition 3.0l tdi Quattro so I bought a new c250 amg line last year but have to say once you have had 4 wheel drive and go back to rear wheel drive you miss the security. Fine on dry roads but on wet the rear wheel drives all over the place. So found myself wanting a 4matic and probably won't go back to rear wheel drive again, it's fun for a while until it snows and then your glad you have 4 wd .

Less to do with competing with Audi, and more to do with getting the power down as power outputs (and torque) continue to climb.

Less to do with competing with Audi, and more to do with getting the power down as power outputs (and torque) continue to climb.

And a lot to do with MB previously not having the 4 matics available in the UK due to "technical" difficulties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom