My CLK320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just had to share these :D

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

nice - has yours been lowered - thinking about doing mine as mine looks higher in the arches than yours and its not just your 18" wheels

nice - has yours been lowered - thinking about doing mine as mine looks higher in the arches than yours and its not just your 18" wheels

Stock AMG Sports suspension.

Gotta be careful on low kerbs / speed bumps can catch the front end :bannana:

You can probably get a set of Hr springs for yours shouldn't be too much

Had the car in the bodyshop this week to have the rear arch repaired as it was starting to bubble up.

This had been previously repaired by another place however clearly they had no idea what they were doing.

Thanks to GLK/David for recommending a bodyshop nearby which have delivered an absolutely fantastic result.

The wheel was removed, car jacked up, and the inner lip fully sanded to remove all the rust.. Then repainted, and blended into the rear quarter. Looks as factory finish. He also mentioned he applied some kind of water-proof sealant to prevent this issue reoccurring.

Photos:

Before...

IMG_2397.jpg

After...

IMG_2387.jpg

Abs

Car transported over to Wayne Gates for the front offside suspension issue to be investigated

IMG_2595.jpg

At least I know it's in good hands with Terry & the team

Looking good Abs, looks like a lot of time and effort have gone into it.

I hope your suspension is an easy and cheap fix!

Front shock is broken

Does anyone know are the shocks different on sports suspension?

Front shock is broken

Does anyone know are the shocks different on sports suspension?

Hi Bud, the part number for the Boge/Sachs unit for Sports suspension is 36.c64.a

Yes they are different, Being avantgarde thats what it should be.

Hi Bud, the part number for the Boge/Sachs unit for Sports suspension is 36.c64.a

Yes they are different, Being avantgarde thats what it should be.

Thanks so much for that info Gav

Hopefully the Clk will ride better sitting on new shocks :D

Terry changed both front shock absorbers, and also the NSF top mount needed replacing..

The old shock had literally snapped...

sc_3.png

Now the shocks have been replaced, the car rides so much better

Once again brilliant service with Terry @ Wayne Gates highly recommended :D

Last edited:
I've been in the Trade for over 20 years and never seen that before!! Good practice to change both buddy Awesome job done :)

I've been in the Trade for over 20 years and never seen that before!! Good practice to change both buddy Awesome job done :)

I'm not in the trade, but I've had a couple of snapped springs and a leaking strut... but I've only seen a snapped strut as the result of a heavy accident.

It probably feels like a new car now!

Got my old black key converted to chrome by a member called Mark (dog68) who offers this service where he will transfer the chip from your black key to a new chrome style key
I got my chrome key from eBay for £40 and then got it over to mark.. the service is £32 inc return shipping. I went in person as I was close by anyway

I can highly highly recommend mark for his efficient and friendly service.

I now have a nice shiny new chrome key which works brilliantly

If you are buying a chrome key make sure you buy one identical to mine as there are 2 styles and only the style I have works

You will also need a new blade key which is £3 on eBay and any good keycutter can cut it

IMG_3171.jpg

If anyone has difficulty in contacting mark on forums if you drop me a PM with your contact number I can send this over

Cheers
Abs

Didn't it come with chrome keys? Both the keys I got with mine are chrome.

Mines a 2003. So no :) chrome was from 2007 I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom