My CLS55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
255 fr
285 rr

Nice one Karl, they truly are great motors. Will probably be alone on the debadging scenario, I did mine and the AMG one changed for black (courteousy of Acid), oh and also went down the route of 20" wheels, removed the OE 19's as stunning as they were! Theres a great few subtle mods to do on the CLS which really do make a difference ie the blacked out inner light housing ;)

Did a 'photo shoot' tonight, check out my photos in my gallery thread - I think they turned out rather well if I dont say so myself :D

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/170460-killerhertz-cls55-amg-w219.html#post1894064

5510_zpsb6e45f5e.jpg

5513_zpsdc842355.jpg

Last edited:
Nice... very nice mate, good photo shoot location :cool: been there myself.

one of my favorite cars.. now you have to get used to the fuel gauge moving nearly as fast as the speedo! :eek:

Very tidy indeed it's looks great and the photos do it justice.

Latest work on my car has been refreshing some of the trim with the help of Halfords plastic bumper paint (satin black).

gf0_zps1c1b0ec9.jpg

1) Front numberplate plinth. As these cost around £80+ new from Mercedes, I decided to spray this as it had faded and become grey:

gf6_zps8c7fbfe3.jpg

gf5_zps326e3694.jpg

2) The plastic cover of the passenger Windscreen wiper was also extremely grey and let down the look of the front of the car.

gf1_zps2bcd2ba3.jpg

Masked up:
gf2_zpsb3363755.jpg

1st coat:
gf3_zps88771cfb.jpg

Finished, looks as good as new:
gf4_zps69640d6f.jpg

3) Inside the rear wheel arches are plastic vents, as the previous owner had lived down a gravel/sand track. over time this had discoloured considerably, after a couple of coats of the paint again, looked as good as new:

Before:
gf7_zpsb79f3f7d.jpg

After: (Was still wet in this shot, dried completely 'Matt' black)
gf8_zpsb4507f50.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job KH, they actually do look like new parts especially the plate plinth

Thanks, it really is great stuff (for a Halfords product :) ) easy to spray and quick drying. looks good as new.

Couple more shots:
gf9_zpsea64a232.jpg

gf10_zps040f1e66.jpg

Thanks, it really is great stuff (for a Halfords product :) ) easy to spray and quick drying. looks good as new.

do you think it would work on the long black plastic bit on the rear bumper?

Bumper paint like that can be used on all plastics and does not require a primer.

It's not particularly hard wearing for any contact areas but it is simple to apply and looks great with minimal prep.

do you think it would work on the long black plastic bit on the rear bumper?

Yes, make sure you mask off inside the surrounding lip though. Its sticky so shouldn't drip.

Bumper paint like that can be used on all plastics and does not require a primer.

It's not particularly hard wearing for any contact areas but it is simple to apply and looks great with minimal prep.

Even if I have to redo it every 6 months its worth it :)

Yes, make sure you mask off inside the surrounding lip though. Its sticky so shouldn't drip.

Even if I have to redo it every 6 months its worth it :)

You'll be fine for a few years, you haven't done any contact areas.

Things like door handles etc, they just don't last.

KH you need to get black ribbed mats just to give it that quality look & feel.

One of my headlight washers has never worked since I got the car - MOT failure right? also, I have a small leak (on the other side of the car) coming from a pipe linked to the headlight washer.
I tried to fix it without removing the bumper to no avail, so me being me decided to remove the front of my car :eek::eek::eek:

bumperoff1.jpg

bumperoff2.jpg

Soaked the nozzles in anti limescale solution which has fixed them :bannana:

bumperoff6.jpg

I think I have found the cause of the leaking, but while I was there I found this pipe leaking from a small pump:
bumperoff4.jpg

Is it meant to be loose like this? I can see where it should attach. The red dots are where it goes into the pump/filter.

bumperoff3.jpg

And here is the seeping pipe:
bumperoff5.jpg

Is that the coolant header vent/overflow?

I thought the headlamp washers connected directly into the washer reservoir?

Both my headlight washers leak for a couple days after I use them...very annoying!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom