My mate Dave got caught speeding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m2287

MB Enthusiast
Car
E63 AMG
My mate Dave got caught by a camera van doing 96mph on the a14, 8pm, no other traffic and lovely weather.

The NIP has been sent back with Dave confirming he was the driver and he is expecting a letter back to visit a court room.

Now on this letter it should have the options to plead guilty by post or go to court in person, would it be best to just plead guilty by post in order to try and avoid a ban? I am of the understanding that if they are intending to ban him then they will send another letter back stating that his attendance in court is necessary.

^^ The pepipoo forum is great for cases/questions exactly like this. They were brilliant with my recent case. Providing me with all the information and more, that I required to go to court and defend myself successfully.

Bruce,

Update you pepipoo thread with the latest goings on.

My mate Dave got caught by a camera van doing 96mph on the a14, 8pm, no other traffic and lovely weather.

The NIP has been sent back with Dave confirming he was the driver and he is expecting a letter back to visit a court room.

Now on this letter it should have the options to plead guilty by post or go to court in person, would it be best to just plead guilty by post in order to try and avoid a ban? I am of the understanding that if they are intending to ban him then they will send another letter back stating that his attendance in court is necessary.

Unlucky :( I can't blame you in the S55

^^ The pepipoo forum is great for cases/questions exactly like this. They were brilliant with my recent case. Providing me with all the information and more, that I required to go to court and defend myself successfully.
How did you get on with that Bruce? Have you been to court yet?

That's the annoying thing, it was in a c200 cdi!!!!!

Bloody hell lol

Isn't the A14 a 70mph road? You should be fine mate

IMG_3396.jpg

How did you get on with that Bruce? Have you been to court yet?

I won my case and had all costs remitted. Great advice from members on here and on pepipoo allowed me to turn up and represent myself with some confidence but absolutely well prepared - thanks again to the pepipoo folks - most of whom do appear to be either lawyers or very well read laymen. Whatever way, they helped me and I am grateful to Neilrr on here who pointed me at them. There is a thread on here somewhere with the latest episode (updated yesterday).

I won my case and had all costs remitted. Great advice from members on here and on pepipoo allowed me to turn up and represent myself with some confidence but absolutely well prepared - thanks again to the pepipoo folks - most of whom do appear to be either lawyers or very well read laymen. Whatever way, they helped me and I am grateful to Neilrr on here who pointed me at them. There is a thread on here somewhere with the latest episode (updated yesterday).

Great to hear that.

Bloody hell lol

Isn't the A14 a 70mph road? You should be fine mate

IMG_3396.jpg

Yea 70mph, 96 is right on the limit... I'm praying for an FPN of 3 points and £100 fine but don't think I'll be so lucky now the higher fines are introduced.

Yea 70mph, 96 is right on the limit... I'm praying for an FPN of 3 points and £100 fine but don't think I'll be so lucky now the higher fines are introduced.
Im praying for you Aidian.. I'm sure you will be fine.. as it's 96MPH

Abs

You get anything through Aidan?

For the record you can be banned in your absence ive seen it happen on a number of occasions.

The ban takes effect immediately so if you are out on the road when the case is heard and you are spotted by ANPR, then you get done again for driving whilst disqualified. The courts update ANPR as soon as the sentence is read out! They justify this because they will have sent out a letter previously informing the accused they are likely to be banned in their absence.

Don't you mean Dave's praying for 3 points and £100 fine ;)
Oh yeh forgot... can you ask Dave to update us when he gets something

Wrong thread, ignore.

I'm a retard when trying to reply to forums on a phone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom