My new beast.. BMW content

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny.B.

Hi Guys

Some of you may know that i have been on the hunt for a nice E63/C63 estate to call my own, after buying a E350CDI estate just 6 months ago, and frankly getting bored with it! (lovely car, just wish it had 500bhp!)

I couldnt find a car within my budget once again so i instead opted for a BMW!

So here it is, my new E61 M5 Tourer! Super rare, and rather quick!

10504973_10152088303612062_3687208876264905199_o.jpg

5 Litres of Glorious V10 loveliness!

10344300_10152088303887062_2662817046137973228_o.jpg

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Awesome, I think they are derestricted from the factory, 200+mph. Enjoy.

I like the Bangle 5 series :thumb:.

Nice!!

Lots of defection posts just lately (including me)!

Sold mine after 2 weeks, hated it with a passion, terrible on fuel, No grip, The gearbox is TERRIBLE and now looking very dated,

But hey, if you like it enjoy it .

Last edited:
Sold mine after 2 weeks, hated it with a passion, terrible on fuel, No grip, The gearbox is TERRIBLE and now looking very dated,

Each to their own :thumb:

I'm finding it better on fuel than i budgeted for, grip is awesome have really pressed on with it today, and the gearbox when used correctly is outstanding :thumb:

Looks very nice. I do like wheels that accentuate depth (if that's the right word). Hope you enjoy it :thumb:

Awesome, I think they are derestricted from the factory, 200+mph. Enjoy.

I will be going to germany at somepoint to hopefully confirm this :D

I like the Bangle 5 series :thumb:.

Cheers mate! not as nice as the S212 from some angles, but still rather nice!

Lovely looker, well done :rock:

Cheers mate!

Nice!!

Lots of defection posts just lately (including me)!

Thanks mate, what have you moved into now?

Looks very nice. I do like wheels that accentuate depth (if that's the right word). Hope you enjoy it :thumb:

Cheers mate, me too! Ever since my friend had a E36 Evo M3 (which had really nice deep rear wheels!) ive loved them too! They are quite concave!

Very nice indeed mate. 4 door was on my list when I bought the cls.
After 3 BM's I just fancied trying something else.

Did you not test drive it? :confused:
Never heard of grip being an issue in these.
As for mpg, it's a 5ltr v10, what exactly did you expect?

Thanks mate, what have you moved into?

A few weeks ago I ordered an Audi A6 Avant Bi TDi Quattro. It will be the first car I'll have had for almost 10 years, which is not a silver Mercedes!

Love the black colour on this, don't see many black M5

Nice motor! What's the reliability like on them? I've heard that the gearbox can be quite jerky at low speeds, is this something you've experienced?

Lovely car and one I'd love to have myself but the running costs put me off. Glorious engine. Enjoy:)

well

1/ Did you not test drive it? A/ Yes, in the rain, Then changed the tyres for Michelin's that improved it but I still felt that it was not gripping the road as well as a lot of cars I had owned, it just did not inspire confidence.

2/ As for mpg, it's a 5ltr v10, what exactly did you expect? A/ Not 8 mpg average round town, 15 on run Not that I would have minded if I had liked the car.

3/ The gearbox was just horrible, and just before some smart **** says your were not driving it correctly it was my 3d car with the Bmw SMG gearbox, And two of my friends who have had M5s also disliked the gearbox, There are threads all-over about M5 gearboxes...

Perhaps my one was a bad one and I hope the ops car is all he wants it to be, to each his own.

Did you not test drive it? :confused:
Never heard of grip being an issue in these.
As for mpg, it's a 5ltr v10, what exactly did you expect?

Last edited:
Think that looks the dogs, very understated.

I initially hated the Bangle design but it was matured very well.

S

Well, I like it a lot :thumb:

Always had a soft spot for inconspicuously looking estates, with the nuclear power plant for the engine.

1/ Did you not test drive it? A/ Yes, in the rain, Then changed the tyres for Michelin's that improved it but I still felt that it was not gripping the road as well as a lot of cars I had owned, it just did not inspire confidence.

2/ As for mpg, it's a 5ltr v10, what exactly did you expect? A/ Not 8 mpg average round town, 15 on run Not that I would have minded if I had liked the car.

3/ The gearbox was just horrible, and just before some smart **** says your were not driving it correctly it was my 3d car with the Bmw SMG gearbox, And two of my friends who have had M5s also disliked the gearbox, There are threads all-over about M5 gearboxes...

Perhaps my one was a bad one and I hope the ops car is all he wants it to be, to each his own.

Agree 100%. My exact issues.

I kept the E39 M5 as that was a better car. 25mpg on a run, 15 when hooning. Still got it now.

terrible on fuel, No grip, The gearbox is TERRIBLE and now looking very dated,

I had a saloon, got written off :(

Fuel consumption - you say that and you drive a C63 or a Micra?
Grip - outstanding, far far better than my C63. That's why I wrote it off aquaplaning thinking it's indestructible.
Gearbox - agree in town but you need to know how to use it, always drop to 1st when coming to a standstill at lights. Out of town, it's perfect.
Looks - I loved it, many manufacturers copied the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom