My new mercedes (w124 gem)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
Hi, as some of you may know I used to have a cls55. After many cars later I'm back in a cls but with a 3.0 derv. Well pleased with it. The w124 is more exciting for me though, ONE LADY owner from new! Bought from a mercedes dealership in Cornwall (where I live) and serviced by them until the woman who owned it passed away last year. It's a rubbish colour but the condition is like new! Needs a polish but other than that it's brilliant. It is a 230te with 116,000 miles.
As you see the old girl this is how I picked it up from the barn it was left in for a few months. All original mats, books and stickers still in it! Just don't find cars like it these days!

Last edited:
That colour and interior is retro cool :cool:

Good work :thumb:

gunning said:
Hi, as some of you may know I used to have a cls55. After many cars later I'm back in a cls but with a 3.0 derv. Well pleased with it. The w124 is more exciting for me though, ONE LADY owner from new! Bought from a mercedes dealership in Cornwall (where I live) and serviced by them until the woman who owned it passed away last year. It's a rubbish colour but the condition is like new! Needs a polish but other than that it's brilliant. It is a 230te with 116,000 miles. As you see the old girl this is how I picked it up from the barn it was left in for a few months. All original mats, books and stickers still in it! Just don't find cars like it these days!

I love that. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

one of my fave classic mercedes colours, i love it. the boot is huuuuuge!! nice car

Great find. You can't get any more Original than that. Fantastic, enjoy. Very lucky man.

Now tell us it was only £150 and really rub it in. :D

Nice find

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments, I will update both the cls and w124 on here.

Plans for the cls:
Put the 19" amg wheels on it
Machine polish
Retrim the steering wheel
Xenon bulbs
Remap/brabus chip
Put either my H 6UNS plate on or V8 WOA plate on it.

The w124:
Machine polish
Interior detail
New original hub caps maybe alloys from that era
(That's pretty much it) keep it original is the best way IMO

Few photos of the car after a quick hand polish and Hoover. It's going in for an mot tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Cls is just filthy.

Car for the dogs is our little c270 cdi

And our weekend car, the Aston.

Last edited:
Berlin Taxi Beige! It's a rare colour for a 124 here, though. Brilliant find - sub-100,000 mile estates are seemingly extinct now, but that one looks to have a lot of life left in it. Has it got the pop-up seats in the boot? Very rare to see a pre-facelift model in such straight, genuine condition, and never used as a builder's van...

Though I'm living in London, I'm from Cornwall and always go back when I'm looking for a car... These '1 careful owner' or retired gentleman's cars are still relatively easy to find there in the small ads... don't tell anyone! My current 105,000 E220 estate came from Launceston, where it had been garaged and only used on Sundays by the retired owner. Try finding one like that in London...

Beige Merc! :)

Is the steering wheel upside down or were they all like that?

Gratz on the find, will be interesting to hear how the MOT goes...

K

Moth said:
Berlin Taxi Beige! It's a rare colour for a 124 here, though. Brilliant find - sub-100,000 mile estates are seemingly extinct now, but that one looks to have a lot of life left in it. Has it got the pop-up seats in the boot? Very rare to see a pre-facelift model in such straight, genuine condition, and never used as a builder's van... Though I'm living in London, I'm from Cornwall and always go back when I'm looking for a car... These '1 careful owner' or retired gentleman's cars are still relatively easy to find there in the small ads... don't tell anyone! My current 105,000 E220 estate came from Launceston, where it had been garaged and only used on Sundays by the retired owner. Try finding one like that in London...

I was born just outside Launceston... And I have a 90k miles E280 estate. Rare and precious in all respects!

Straight through the MOT
The garage said its as clean underneath as it is on top. Good news I'd say!

She's a beaut :) Good to know that you value its value and will be keeping everything as it should be.

The w124:
Machine polish
Interior detail
New original hub caps maybe alloys from that era
(That's pretty much it) keep it original is the best way IMO

You mean you won't be lowering the suspension, attaching a body kit from a 1995 Corsa and fitting a set of genuine fake AMG beta blockers ??

No sadly no gipping mono blocks or anything else like that going on it. Although I'm still after an e36 amg estate. There's one near me that I'm keen on getting which I would stance.

I am into the modifying scene just not on certain cars. It's got to be the right one.

Nice 124 I keep looking for a nice cheap find that will involve less work than my current 124....... of which the repairs are progressing painfully slowly:( and problems every step:wallbash: I need an Ed China in my garage for a few days or my car in Ed chinas that'll sort it or a nice find like yours
Keep us posted

it's a shame Merc don't do thse naff colours anymore
Look how good this Ce looks (if it is light ivory)
289593d1265562335-parting-out-1990-300ce-light-ivory-300ce1.jpg

and this SL
3964392.jpg

:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom