Mysterious water puddle W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W202lover

Car
W202
i own a 1999 C200 W202, the 2 rear doors became water containers during this winter, once i open the door water comes rushing out the bottom, but thats not my main problem, while driving (speeding up and breaking) i hear water moving inside the car, from behind the drivers side (left side), i checked the interior and its seems to be dry... can anyone suggest where that water "sound" is coming from? it is driving me crazy to know that there is a water puddle in my car and i am not able to find it :doh::wall bash:

any help would be highly appreciated :bannana:

Try clearing the drain holes for the sills.
On my last w202 you could hear water moving around when driving and especially when braking.
Turned out to be the drain holes in the sill were blocked and it had filled up with water.

thanks a million Quantum2+2! could you give me some more explanation regarding how can i access those drain holes and where are they located?

thanks a million Quantum2+2! could you give me some more explanation regarding how can i access those drain holes and where are they located?

Drain holes on your car are in same place as my current w202, they are the rubber things that poke through the body kit just infront of the rubber jacking block on the underside of the sill.

The front drain is between the front wheel arch and the front jacking point.
All I did was got a screwdriver and pushed it into the drain. After I pulled the screwdriver out the water poared out.

Heres a link to a thread that has a photo of a pre facelift car showing where it is on the sill if you cant work out my description.
Rainwater drainpipe location? 1998 C280 W202 - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom