Mystery suspension problem sl320 w129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

langlois

Car
sl320
Hello,

I Wonder if anyone can help.
I have a 1998 sl320 with suspension warning lights coming on and off in a bizarre fashion.
The car was on blocks for one month early this year, while the wheels were away being refurbished
Once the wheels were back on, the ADS light would come on intermittently (this is the light with a shock absorber symbol)
MB here in France said I needed a new multi-valve - cost over £1000 + vat and labour ! but this seemed too much of a coincidence with it having been on blocks, so I drove on, and after a few days the problem disappeared - car subsequently went to Northern England, SW France and South of France no problems at all.in approx 3000 miles.

Yesterday it started again

When car is started, ADS light, ESP light, and ABS light come on, then ADS light goes out. If I drive off in a straight line, the other two also go out and car behaves normally, but the instant I turn the Wheel, all three lights come on and the suspension goes rock-hard.

Anyone ever heard of this ?

I think its best to see what fault codes are logged. This will give you an idea of what is causing the problem. It could be so many things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom