Mystic Blue SL400 New Car Detail by Divine Detail Surrey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
Well I finally got round to getting my car over to Ed for a new car detail having turned down all the Star Guard upsells from the main dealer. Having had his services recommended by a number of forum members. He also happens to live close to me which was handy.

The condition which a car of this value was delivered by MB is an embarrassment really, especially considering what Designo paint costs never mind the cost of the car in total.

That said, I didn't really expect anything different.

So to get it sorted it was delivered to Ed on Tuesday.

The porcelain leather was already getting a bit grubby and I've not even managed 1000 miles, so that need some form of professional protection product.

Whilst Ed was working on the car I asked him to remove the SL400 badge from the boot, I just felt it looked untidy and didn't need it. I'm glad I got this removed, it looks much cleaner without it.

Here are a few before and after shots:-

Before:-

IMG_1998_zpsyvns5mul.jpg

IMG_2000_zpsgwfsoqky.jpg

After:-

IMG_2120_zpsqgsybl5o.jpg

IMG_2116_zpshdbomqzd.jpg

IMG_2111_zpsvw7qfk4h.jpg

Last edited:
Before and after close ups, every panel was in this condition and as a result Ed took 3 days to get the car to a nice condition.

IMG_2062_zps162kytv3.jpg

IMG_2063_zpsgt3orbvy.jpg

IMG_2064_zpsiv9qdyiv.jpg

IMG_2066_zpsqx0ogho5.jpg

Thanks very much Ed, a great job for a very reasonable price.

I can't recommend Ed highly enough, he clearly loves what he does and has a great level of attention to detail.

I could have spent a few thousand pounds if I wanted to eradicate the orange peel and end up with a show car finish but this car is going to be driven and not just on sunny days.

What Ed has done has improved the quality of finish to a degree that makes the car stand out and the paint shine as it should have done arriving new from MB. That's just what I was after.

Ed certainly knows his stuff and can literally polish value back into a car. As an aside, we went down to MB Guildford the other day to look at an S65 Coupe in the showroom. The paintwork was in a shocking state and I'd have insisted on a full detail before collection if it were to be mine.

Ed certainly knows his stuff and can literally polish value back into a car. As an aside, we went down to MB Guildford the other day to look at an S65 Coupe in the showroom. The paintwork was in a shocking state and I'd have insisted on a full detail before collection if it were to be mine.

I actually had a conversation along these lines with my salesman at MB Gatwick.

I'm quite keen on the S500 Coupe (I think you need to have an irrational hatred of money to want to buy an S65 at the rate they depreciate!). I just can't grasp how paint can be this poorly presented on a £100,000 car.

Last time I went to Brooklands there was a brand new black E63 on display, the orange peel was so bad the reflection from the car looked like the funny mirrors from the fairground.

That looks really good, and how it should do from the factory.
Have pm'd you.

Looks excellent :thumb:

I have my (new to me) E63 booked in for a full detail with Ed at the end of next week, so it's great to see that he can magic up sunshine for the "after" photo's too :D

Another benefit of a proper detailing and protection job that isn't so obvious as the initial shine is that it makes the car easier to keep clean. My outgoing Obsidian Black E63 was fully detailed and protected with Gtechniq Crystal Serum best part of two years ago and water still beads and sheets off it and it still looks great after a wash.

Here are a few more sunshine shots including a couple of topless piccies, all in good taste of course.

IMG_2123_zpsvcbwuhax.jpg

IMG_2133_zpsrxlafeer.jpg

IMG_2136_zpsxd4uozck.jpg

Now that's looks really good. I love the blue

The blue really is something.

I've never owned a car before that gets as many admiring glances from 10 year old boys, 35 year old yummy mummy's and retired 60-70 year old men as this car does.

It really seems to appeal right across the age range but the paint colour just makes it stand out that little bit more.

It is indeed a lovely looking car in a superb colour. Those pics really do show the true before and after condition of the paintwork.

Just needs the suspension dropping a fraction to fill the wheel arches to make it perfect;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom