Nakamichi stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
I have a Nakamichi stereo in my old girl but the CD player has never worked since I bought it, second hand. I have messaged around a few places about getting it looked at and hopefully repaired, but no one seems to be able to help. I like the stereo because its fairly plain and think it looks good in her. Anyone on here know someone who may be able to help me please? Thanks

20170314_164152.jpg

They've got some great looking B&W speakers particularly the floor standers.

Wish I was still into HiFi!

Unfortunately since that unit was built, the company was bought out by the Chinese, has gone into receivership and is now little more than a brand label applied to generic tat car audio.

I suspect you may struggle to find spares and/or expertise to repair without paying through the nose, home audio repairers often won't touch in-car stuff.

They've got some great looking B&W speakers particularly the floor standers.

Wish I was still into HiFi!

I never really was into high end audio, the tape deck was bought from a friend, I remember it was one below the top model (That being the Dragon?).

It was circa £1500 new sometime in the 80's and had a cabled remote control but was beautifully built with individual tape calibration and individual servo motors for each capstan etc.

All of the buttons and switches operated with a precise fluidity that just made it a joy to own and use. I eventually sold it to a Dutch chap via Ebay eventually as I was not using it. His late father had one and so it was a piece that brought back memories for him.

Try to contact Malcolm known as Television on other Mercedes forums (but not a member in MBClub) as I recall that he used to repair high end audio/visual equipment before retirement, and still tries to help others with broken equipment.

An old-school Nakamichi is worth saving. If you can't save it, sell it, so someone who can repair it does :thumb:

Try to contact Malcolm known as Television on other Mercedes forums (but not a member in MBClub) as I recall that he used to repair high end audio/visual equipment before retirement, and still tries to help others with broken equipment.

An old-school Nakamichi is worth saving. If you can't save it, sell it, so someone who can repair it does :thumb:

I know Malcolm well, unfortunately he isn't well atm, so won't bother him with it.

I know Malcolm well, unfortunately he isn't well atm, so won't bother him with it.

I hadn't realised, do pass on our thoughts and best wishes from those who remember him from his days on MBClub.

My thoughts also immediately turned to Television, who Missy D knows well, but as she says he's having some pretty intensive treatment just now and has not been heard of on t'other side for a while. There are many who wish him well, me included, as he has been and is a source of a lot of help to many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom