Name and shame MB dealer, but is all it seems to be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Things like this can happen.
Basically shop discipline rules and the shops' liability insurance/garage keepers insurance covers mishaps and crap like this if something happens.

Essentially if as the service writer you book the vehicle in, our computer R/O forms show mileage in and mileage out when the job is completed .
If the mileage is excessive our shop software flags the job for questioning.

Joy riding is not allowed and only selected employees are allowed to get behind the wheel of a customer's car/van in my shop since they have to be accepted by my insurance indemnification .

But again it happens and people get found out by all sorts of stupid activities
I for one about 25 years ago got a bill for 500 gallons of aviation fuel for my vintage Goonie bird in Puerta Ordaz by Maravan Aviation.
I got the distinct suspicion that the mechanic I used to do an airworthy test on it, flew "the bird" from Caracas to P/Ordaz taking a few select bunch of tourists to the Tepuys. (Couldn't prove it earning mucho dinero in billette verde in the process)
He swore blind he was doing an extended test, I though he was going a bit bloody far for starters !

Crap happens moral don't get caught and lying about it! and not 'fessing up" about it when you get found out just makes it worse~!
Employees need to be trustworthy though above all!
Tuercas Viejas

id never believe anything the daily mail says/prints.

my father-in-law worked in fleet street for many years as said they print a load of old ballcocks to sell papers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom