Nappa leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Minieggs

Car
-
Hi All

I just wondered how well the nappa leather wears conpared witb the standard/faux stuff

I really like the tan colour in the new 213 e-class but you can only get it on amg line at the moment

Hopefully that might change in the future ?

Do merc tend to give greater choices as a nodel ages ?

Cheers

Nappa has always worn well in my cars, but I think that's because I've always been careful (but not over the top). If you're the kind of person who puts bikes on the back seat (for example) then it will mark more easily than artico, and if you damage it you will feel even worse.

I did 100,000 miles in my C-class with nappa, and the interior was in excellent condition when I sold it.

Thanks. I appreciate the bike in the back might be slightly tongue in cheek and whilst I wouldn't put stuff directly on the seat I would with them folded down and also how do they stand up to kids spills, clambers etc

I have porcelain Nappa in the SL. I wore a pair of jeans that did leave a blue stain but it came off quite easily thank goodness!

Nappa feels nice and isn't that hard to keep in good condition. Just use TLC

Thanks. I appreciate the bike in the back might be slightly tongue in cheek and whilst I wouldn't put stuff directly on the seat I would with them folded down and also how do they stand up to kids spills, clambers etc
When you fold the seats, make sure that there's nothing between the seat back and the surface it come into contact with as nappa will be less forgiving, it will scrape more easily and more importantly it can stretch more easily (eventually it should contract again).

Often the seat base lifts forwards and the seat back folds forward into the space left behind, so that the meatier face if the seat back, is then face down on all the rubbish that fell between the seats over years of use, you have been warned!

I have porcelain Nappa in the SL. I wore a pair of jeans that did leave a blue stain but it came off quite easily thank goodness!

Nappa feels nice and isn't that hard to keep in good condition. Just use TLC

Quite bizarre that your jeans still had dye in them after all the processes they go through. Thanks for the warning though.

They weren't that cheap either. Top of the range m&s.

Most jeans manufacturers recommend washing before wearing. I thought I had but apparently not enough. Just be careful of dye and of course any studs on pockets

Quite bizarre that your jeans still had dye in them after all the processes they go through. Thanks for the warning though.

Jeans staining is a common complaint amongst BMW owners who have been daft enough to specify "lemon" leather in their racy M Sport motors.

They suffer even from well-worn / washed jeans. It's not just a new jeans issue.

Had a jaguar with Ivory leather seats a while back, learnt the jeans lesson the hard way, even fairly old one seemed to mark the seats

So is nappa leather really soft compared to standard leather. Mine is definitely leather but must be the standard hardwearing type.
15bee231854fdd3c5b1635141b3d2769.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is nappa leather really soft compared to standard leather. Mine is definitely leather but must be the standard hardwearing type.
15bee231854fdd3c5b1635141b3d2769.heic

Softer, but smoother too

Softer, but smoother too

Yep, I had Bengal red Nappa in my SLK 250d it was more comfortable and much more supple than normal black leather, looking at it, it seemed to have a different grain, yes very nice.

I'm not sure about the saloon/estate options but the options list you've posted shows Nappa as Black, Grey or Almond Beige. It might be my screen but that doesn't look like Beige, more like Chestnut which I presume was a 'standard' leather colour.
This was the option.

d7f22aa0076cac7b23bd0815f81ee8d9.png

I'm not sure about the saloon/estate options but the options list you've posted shows Nappa as Black, Grey or Almond Beige. It might be my screen but that doesn't look like Beige, more like Chestnut which I presume was a 'standard' leather colour.

Mine is definitely the standard leather option.
Soft Nappa leather wouldn’t last too long with my usage. A posh van!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom