Need advice on buying a 2000 Brabus e220 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
none
This is the third post for buying advice on a used car, and i know you guys are kinda sick of it, but I'll ask anyway, because my research proved useless... hope i get some answers.
I found a 2000 Brabus e220 cdi online and if everything goes well, I'm serious about buying it. Got the final price down ,even. But i just need to know, is there anything i need to know about the maintenance and stuff to look out for when inspecting specific to this kind of Brabus?The guy claims i gives about 25mpg city and 39mpg hwy, is it true? Any Brabus owners here? People say that wiring is a major problem here, but what's the best and worst case scenario of this? I really want to buy the car, and I really can't afford to mess this up after the buy. So, please help. Also, I know rust on 210's is common, but exactly how much rust is okay, exactly? This car is in a city called Mumbai in India and it's a city that has a coast on the other side, so again,need info on rust problem. Thanks

Last edited:
Is it just a Brabus tuning box fitted or a full conversion of wheels/interior/engine etc?

If just the tuning box, it is not worth anything extra imo

He says it is a chip and the that body was done by Brabus too. Also sais that interior was done new by merc, but it looks like it was done by Brabus, had black leather seats and a white line running down the lumbar on both sides. Also has a Brabus badge on the rear left, if that helps.

Sorry to be cynical, but Brabus are a tuning house and generally associated with bats**t crazy mega horsepower hardware. I really can't see them putting their name on a Stuttgart taxi.

What you're looking at may have the badges on, but it certainly ain't a Brabus IMO. If you like it then buy all means buy it, but don't pay over the odds.

Cheers,

Gaz

Minus the badges and tuning box, if it is a Brabus it will have bumper, skirts, wheels, steering wheel?, brakes most if the 'B' showing it off as a Brabus.

Doing a quick search, the W210 Brabus was a 7.3L monster and I'm sure any diesel Brabus back then would have been a tuning box

It will only be a tuning box if anything, however I didn't know they did them for models that early.

Got any links?

My 210 320 cdi has one, the 'first generation', which I presume has been fitted for quite some time, given the £1500 price of them.
It's done 144K. 540 Nm, which is similar to a 210 E55.

Well hidden, it is way below the ECU. A torch may just pick it up.

It looks just like an old ignition coil. An alloy cylinder, with a red label, about the size on a bog roll cardboard tube!

A Brabus e220? I doubt they ever made those. Brabus is a very high end Mercedes tuner. They normally go for the higher spec cars and build them up to be monsters. I doubt they would mess around with the low spec models.

Sounds like a car that somebody stuck a Brabus badge on to be honest. Even if if has the tuning box doesn't make it a Brabus.

As for rust in a W210, the problem is not what you see. The problem is what you don't see and what is for sure to come. Looked at some last couple of weeks and...it's bad.

I'm sorry to say "brokenthusiast" that I really don't believe it's a true Brabus. I've never heard of a full factory build Brabus diesel. If it's a factory build it will have been rebuilt inside with Brabus badges everywhere, including the instrument cluster. When buying anything that claims to be different you would expect to see some dcumentary proof, including in this case the Brabus build spec.

Having a Brabus tuning box and a few external trim parts doesn't make it bad, just doesn't make it worth any more than standard.

Guys.
I think your forgetting that £3 brabus chinese fleabay badges makes this a legit Brabus:D

The first Brabus boxes came with badges for the rear of the car, under-bonnet sticker and a K&N sticker (??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom