need help deciding about my Car...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sonny Burnett

MB Enthusiast
Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
all right folks her is the deal.. :)
i have saved up a bit of cash.. i wanna wack a load on my w210..
here it is as of now

img2953v.jpg

i will be getting a c215 or a r230 in a few years or so but i wanna keep the 210 till the wheels fall off... now situation with it.. its fine, it runs great everything works as it should. love it to bits. it has got arch rust and both front doors have a bit of bubbling at top under rubber.. i will get this sorted no prob thats first on my list.. now i need help getting it lowered right.. and i might be looking for some new wheels and suspension to give it a low stance.. but on the other hand i think about selling it and getting a E320.. but is it worth the extra 600cc im stuck its either do this up the way i like it or sell it. but i want to keep to the w210.. im leaning more to keep the 240 because i know this car and have had work done work i don't wanna do again.. anyway any thoughts will help also does anyone know somebody in my area or a hour away or so who can help me get it lowered any body who really knows there stuff most of my mates haven't got a clue. and i remember lowering the 202 and it was a disaster hated it.. so i really wanan get it right this time..

any help or thaught will greatly help.. i have been over various sites and cant really get a solid deal on the lowering help...

Don't forget your car is already lowered being an Avantgarde model, you won't be able to go much more without risking grounding out. Got many speed bumps round your way?

Don't forget your car is already lowered being an Avantgarde model, you won't be able to go much more without risking grounding out. Got many speed bumps round your way?

this is what i mean i do have a few bumbs one i can avoid tho.. if it is low why is the front so high????? its shocking...

my w21o e200 sits **** squat as well, is it a sign of weak springs:dk:, you would want to fit your new rims first and then see what room is left before lowering the suspension

Last edited:
my w21o e200 sits **** squat as well, is it a sign of weak springs:dk:, you would want to fit your new rims first and then see what room is left before lowering the suspension

New wheels will not change a thing...unless you put the wrong size on.

yes also all my springs are only 1 year old... im looking at a few bits check them out

H&R / Cup Suspension Kits / Mercedes Benz W210 (E-Klasse) Saloon W210, 5+6+8 Cylinder, except self-levelling 06/95> / Euro Performance Car Parts

PI / Lowering Springs / Mercedes E-Class 6 Cyl (W210) Years: 6/95>02 / Euro Performance Car Parts

so what would be the best thing to go for... i really need help with this..

H&R seem to have a good reputation. Yours does look a little high a the front, either that or the front wheels are a bit wide or wrong offset.

Would look so much better in my mind with about 20mm only off the front, 15mm or so from the rear, I always think too low looks bad on saloon cars.

H&R seem to have a good reputation. Yours does look a little high a the front, either that or the front wheels are a bit wide or wrong offset.

Would look so much better in my mind with about 20mm only off the front, 15mm or so from the rear, I always think too low looks bad on saloon cars.

really damn i think too low looks silyl bad on anything but a saloon

1005706u.jpg

ps timskemp where did you get your aftermarket hid kit...

Yeah I considered lowering mine when the front springs went but decided that with my usage (lots of miles) to stay standard...

HID kit was a group buy from JAM performance, an ebayer who's feedback was less than stellar but seemed to satisfy all our orders - can't find them now.. seehttp://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=jam+performance+hid&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=and http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/63641-xenon-hid-conversion-kit-group-buy-5.html

They've paid for themselves, firstly in light quality and secondly that at 50-60 quid that they were, they've lasted longer than 4 sets of halogen lamps...

Those wheels in the PIC.

I have a set for sale. Mandrus Emil I will Take £850 for them with tyres and I have two spare wheels. One front and one rear.

Actually I think your car looks pretty good as is - but, don't 210s look good with these Milleniums and a little lowering...

eclassmillenium2.JPG

Those wheels in the PIC.

I have a set for sale. Mandrus Emil I will Take £850 for them with tyres and I have two spare wheels. One front and one rear.

if you can tell me how to get a real nice rideheight....i might just take you up on that offer as im actually looking at some right now.. i absolutely love them...might be able to get something going

if you can tell me how to get a real nice rideheight....i might just take you up on that offer as im actually looking at some right now.. i absolutely love them...might be able to get something going

They looked very nice on his car and i think he had eibach lowering springs btu also he had AMG bodykit :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom