Need help deciding on what wheels to go for!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
Hi guys, I want new rims on my car have a budget of roughly £1000 so quite bit (thats with tyres) 2nd hand isnt an issue. Some photos and suggestions would be a huge help. Ive seen this set, and BBS LM's 19" which i adore. So more suggestions would be helpful (BBS LM's are fake) and the 19" other set are an italian wheel which iv forgotten the name of, with a Mercedes centre cap it could be a good bet but i do love a deep dish!

Last edited:
also up for things like rotas etc

Those rims look a bit like Brabus V copies.

Real Brabus V

brabus_monoblock_V_wheels.jpg

On a W221, £1000 is going to get you new tyres. New rims and tyres for that budget is impossible IMO without going to Halfords etc.

Sorry should of said these will be for my w202

If you like them and you get mid brand rubber in the price I think its a good deal:D

900 for 235/35/19 tyres! But I love carlsson and brabus rims so if anybody knows of something different let me know please

Any ideas if Bentley/porsche rims would fit, i know it sounds mad but if you get a lovely looking wheel doesnt matter what car it goes on. I know i can pull off one of the best W202's and im leaning towards a Bentley conti 19" split rim

porche rims have way too low an offset, you would need to use spacers, even on std bodywork.

audi rims may fit, but can be heavy.

best ive seen is magnesium Ferrari wheels, but they are rare, very expensive. also would require hub redrilling

i used rays engineering from Nissan 350z with variance bolts, to quote sir j. clarkson... 'best mod in the world'.

370z and latest skyline use the latest volk/rays 19" lightweight rims, but out of my price range.

hears a weight list

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=96708.0;wap2

hears the nissan 18" rays

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Wheel_Specifications

note the volk te37's magnesium's', in 18" @ 12 lbs, thats way way lighter than any merc wheel, even 15" ones!

the new skyline uses them and Ferrari rims are similar.

Last edited:
Thanks Nick, Theres alot of possibilities ideally id like to put 19" staggered fitment CLS AMG's but i can find any. If not then Carlssons would be lovely! BBS's im up for litterally anything thats brash, outragous! I like mad wheels but not tacky

Thanks Nick, the Ferrari ones are abit bland for my liking, Volks are mint, sooo nice!! But sadly they are tripple the price of rotas and very simular. Shame.

RH Toplines
209ccabb.png

Carlssons
aV1bO9C9.jpg

Rotiforms

blq_1985_silver.jpg

these, but not polished

DSC_0022.jpg

I think, these are brabus wheels

file.php

Mercedes AMG Aero II

mikescar005.jpg

BBS CH

prod_bbs_ch_071020031706.jpg

Just please don't buy BBS LM reps. If you're going to get some, get the real deal.

There's a few ideas

Last edited:
I know what you mean about reps, i had real RS's but they cost close to 2K

But your suggestions are outstanding, i saw the rotiforms at the dealer i go to, but wasnt sure.... if you can tell me a place to get the other two rims, and for a good price, a small christmas finders fee would be issued :p

Last edited:
I know what you mean about reps, i had real RS's but they cost close to 2K

you're not looking hard enough ;) I got my last set of RS's for £600 with tyres.

Will try find some info on the above

Mine were freshly refurbed 17's worth the money IMO but i dont want to spend as much again. Thanks, would be much appriciated, im trying to look for them but i just cant seem to find the carlsson rims which is ideally what i want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom