Need help with C55 front bumper identification!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanD

Car
CLS55 AMG IWC
I've ordered a replacement for my 2004 C55 AMG front bumper and it arrived today. Unfortunately, it does not quite match (by eye, it looks like just the headlights and washer jet shapes are wrong). I can make out the following details on the bumper that they sent me:

A 203 885 5625
>PP / EPDM ÷ TV 10<

Does anyone know from the code above what they've actually sent me? Looking at other pics of C55s, they all look like mine and not the one I was sent! :doh:

That looks more like a C32 AMG bumper to me.

That looks more like a C32 AMG bumper to me.

It does rather a lot now you say it and I've Googled a little. I can tell this is going to be a fun conversation with the parts place tomorrow :(

I'm aware the C55 is a totally different nose to the regular C class, I just can't figure out what they've actually sent me given the protracted conversations about it having to be a genuine C55 *AMG* bumper because of that.

I did try to find out if the CLK bumper would be identical or not (ie. all the fixings, not just the front on look), but couldn't really get an answer :(

I worked in Bremen in 2006/07 - I was always told the C55 had the CLK front.
That's a W203 bumper I would say.
You need a W209??

Looks very much like a C32 bumper to me too I'm afraid.

Ok, so in the hope this is useful for someone else in future, there are just five part numbers relevant to C55 AMGs in UK spec:

a203 885 5225 is with jets
5025 without jets
5052 – nothing
5051 – parking, no jets
5053 – both

Unfortunately, I got A203 885 5625, which is a standard C Class 2004+ facelift model with AMG styling. So now I'm getting that collected and waiting to see if a real one exists anywhere!

MB also advised that the CLK 55 bumper, although visually similar, would not fit to the mountings, which is disappointing. I'll start another thread to see if anyone's tried adapting that!

Umm .. that 2nd one doesn't sound right against the 3rd, does it!? Hmm .. ain't ringing them back, you get the gist ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom