Need some info on a car from the dark side!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maxi4

Car
Not an MB right now :(
Hi All
Its been an eventful 2 weeks for me, long story short, some idiot crashed into me 2 weeks ago, and wrote off my car. I need a new car ASAP. Cant get very excited about anything in the MB range right now. Well at least the ones in my "affordability list". I need a diesel, decent sized engine and comfort. Im used to an E estate (last one was S211, 320CDI). So been looking at an F10 530d M sport (65 reg), has pretty much everything I want.Yes, I am switching to a saloon.

Anyone has any experience on these cars? Good or bad your input is appreciated.

Please dont shoot me down in flames, I still have a GLA at home, so havent lost the 3 pointed star yet :)

Cheers guys

Pete

A French guy at work has one and loves his (same model, similar age, he bought second hand). I was a passenger in it recently and it was a very nice drive. He upgraded from an older model, so is a fan. I was considering one too (or similarly specced 435xD, 640d) but that would have meant all 4 in the management team would ahave BMWs, three of them with 530d (none are company cars, all personal purchases). I decided to go Mercedes and ended up happily here

I've just changed from F10 530d M sport to GLC 250. The Beemer was a beautiful drive and I loved it, the only reason I changed to MB was I have a curved lower spine now and the 530 was hurting getting down into.
The finish is superb, as is the infotainment system, it took a while to get used to the MB one as the beemer one is superior. I liked the big woofer speakers under the front seats and the power and pull was more than adequate.
The downside was the rumble from the run flats and tramlining was terrible, the rear boots are massive, I also bought winter tyres for mine, this cuts the noise quite significantly.
All in all, I prefer the GLC, but if I could pick and mix between the two, I'd get the perfect car!

So, an update - I went for the 530D in the end. Will post some pics in the other marques section once I have downloaded the pics to my laptop. Its a carbon black (looks dark blue in the sunlight or parked up in the garage under lights). The ride is not bad, similar to my old estate. Seats are very nice. Power is good :)
Options that I can remember - power seats with memory, harmon karden sound system, widescreen sat nav, got the upgraded 19' wheels, M sport (looks mean from the front). So far so good, I haven't driven it much since I got it. Will post a review if anyone's interested in a few months.

Cheers
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom