Needing help with W204 C-Class (62 reg facelift)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shaun.priest

Car
Mercedes C220 (2012)
Hello all,

I am looking to improve the look of my C-Class as I noticed it could look a lot better.

I really need advice on a lot of these things. I don't know much about cars and I am hoping you can help.

1. Window Sill Trim

IMG_3359.jpg

I looked for replacements of these on eBay but could only find used ones (or chrome overlays). Mine are marked (looks like caused by wax or oil as can look a bit rainbow-y). Is there something I can seriously clean these with or do they ideally need taken off and sprayed? All four are in this condition.

2. Door Paint

IMG_3361.jpg

The corners of my door could do with some paint. Is this likely to be expensive or is it just a case of lightly dabbing the affected areas with silver paint?

3. Front Plate Holder

IMG_3366.jpg

This keeps popping off and it therefore doesn't sit flush with the car. I think the clip may be broken on one side. When I try and get the other side off (to take off the number plate holder), I can't. I have looked at replacements on eBay but they just seem to be the mount without clips?

4. Wheel Hubs / Nuts / Doodad

IMG_3367.jpg

Can this rust be painted over? My front wheels look great, but the back look like this. Can the rusty nuts be replaced? Can the hubs be painted? How much would this roughly cost? Also, the third arrow in this picture... what is that? It looks all moldy and ideally could do with a lick of paint.

5. Ignition Ring Trim

(not my picture)

$_1.JPG

The silver ignition ring trim in my car is badly scratched / paint came off. Is there a way to replace this? I can't find this piece of trim anywhere (unless I want diamond encrusted!).

6. License Plates

Lastly, I am looking to get new number plates for the car. The back plate is affixed by four screws (a big unsightly) is there ab better way to affix to the car? I currently have plastic plates. What looks best? Embossed metal / just metal?

Many thanks for all your hep and advice.

Anyone offer help?

Hi mate. I wasn't happy with my number plates either so I went to South Wales Mercedes and bought two black backing plates and replacement nunber plates for £56 all in. Small details but it makes all the difference.

The brake disc and calipers can be cleaned up and painted with some hammerite smooth to improve the looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same car, bought some plastic 17mm covers that push over the rusty nuts, come with a pincer to easily remove the covers to take off the wheel, different colours available on Ebay.co.uk for around £15, also trim covers available.

pcctech said:
I have the same car, bought some plastic 17mm covers that push over the rusty nuts, come with a pincer to easily remove the covers to take off the wheel, different colours available on Ebay.co.uk for around £15, also trim covers available.

Thanks! Does it go over the wheel locking nut too? You wouldn't happen to have a link? Many thanks!

Avnt said:
The brake disc and calipers can be cleaned up and painted with some hammerite smooth to improve the looks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you clean them up with? Sandpaper?

Is the calliper the boxy looking thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom