Neo Jukebox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrfiepro

Car
E430 AMGish
About a month ago I fitted a Neo Jukebox, which like many on this forum I bought from the States. In the month that I have had it I have reformatted the drive 4 times.

When I speak to SSI they tell me that of the thousands sold in this country they have not experienced this problem and there only solution is for me to send them back the unit for replacement, for which I must pay the shipping costs.

They also suggested that I should swap the IDE drive for a 5400 RPM unit as this may work better in the auto environment.

Has anyone else experienced any problems as this may strengthen my case with SSI.

Hi,

I have a Neo car Jukebox in my W210 estate. However, after reading about problems with 3.5" hard drives in the Neo Car Jukebox, I installed a 2.5" notebook hard drive. I've had no problems. The 2.5" hard drive is designed to take more shock than the standard hard drive and only uses a 5V supply - this avoids problems with the 12V supply dropping during starting. As the drive is smaller, I've increased the shock protection by sandwiching the drive in between sheets of antistatic bubbles.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Neo.

Regards, Robert

You may want to read the neo forums regarding disks that are suitable for the NEO, I've always used 5400 rpm drives in mine, currently running a Maxtor 160GB 5400rpm drive with OpenNEO firmware. Supports drives > 137GB.

I once had to repartition a WD disk that I had, but no problems with the Maxtors.

A lot of people have used 2.5" laptop drives, these are around £130 for a 60GB disk. Plus a few quid for a reduction kit.

Craig

Thanks for the info.

A 2.5" drive it is then.

TA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom