Neon RT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcos

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 estate
One of my company cars is a Chrysler Neon RT, crap, and keeps unlocking and locking randomly and opening the boot as you drive along. I want to sell this piece of rubbish but I'm wondering if anyone knows where the central locking relays etc are located as I reckon it's full of water. I know it's not a Merc but if anyone knows of any Chrysler forums that would be a start.

Thanks

It could be that one of the door latches is registering door open. That will unlock many cars.

That's what I thought at first but then I noticed that the boot just pops open all the time and you get an intermitant beeping from the horn. The car has been fine for 3 yrs but as soon as it's left standing for a few weeks it plays up which is one of the reasons I suspect water ingress somewhere.

I had the doors unlock a few times on my C220 my last '03 one, I thought it was just one of those things until driving along in my '05 one, the same happened again, then a couple of days later 3 or 4 times in about an hour.
I haven't bothered to get it checked out yet at the dealers.+

Dave

Surely if it is a company car it is on a maintenance schedule, and they are responsible for faults like this??? :confused:

Unfortunately Brian it's my company and we bought the car 3 yrs ago so I'm a bit stuffed. I'm just trying to save money really because I'm tight :D

marcos said:
I'm just trying to save money really because I'm tight :D

You must be to have bought it in the first place. :D :D

Better fix it before you sell it though, don't want people thinking they are rubbish do we. :rolleyes:

marcos said:
I know it's not a Merc but if anyone knows of any Chrysler forums that would be a start.

Thanks

This question could be worth asking on one of the US Forums as Chrysler are far more popular over there than they are in the UK.

Good luck

Tan

Brian WH said:
You must be to have bought it in the first place. :D :D

Better fix it before you sell it though, don't want people thinking they are rubbish do we. :rolleyes:

It's actually been very reliable and fairly cheap to run. No problems in three years/50k miles unlike my E-Class which cost nearly 3 times as much to buy.

Thanks PJH, just one problem though, I'm fluent in English, Spanish and can get by with Italian but German, no chance. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom