Never thought it would happen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay Jenner

Car
c270 CDi Avantgarde, nissan 300zx, daihatsu sirion
got to 30 posts now i can pm if i see a car i want (kinda got my eye on a nice E55 amg but not sure i can justify it)

No-one needs to justify an E55 - you just have to have it :cool:.

95% of the time I cannot justify owning an E55, but the 5% of the time I can makes it worth every penny!

as a daily driver and short journey commuting car its not practical the heart is saying yes do it but the head is telling me its going to cost way to much to run

as a daily driver and short journey commuting car its not practical the heart is saying yes do it but the head is telling me its going to cost way to much to run

Ironically, I would have thought an E55 makes more sense for short journeys: the impact of V8 petrol fuel consumption will be reduced with fewer miles covered, and even frugal diesels are less efficient on short (cold) journeys. Get one!! ;)

Ironically, I would have thought an E55 makes more sense for short journeys: the impact of V8 petrol fuel consumption will be reduced with fewer miles covered, and even frugal diesels are less efficient on short (cold) journeys. Get one!! ;)

And when you're polishing it or gazing out of the window at it, the fuel consumption is as good as anything else.

You know it makes sense :thumb:.

im sure the economy cant be as bad as the zed is that thing drinks fuel faster than shell can produce it but its also extremely rapid and immense fun i was supposed to be buying an economical day to day car but the 10yo inside me got the better of me again

Depends which E55 you mean but mine is roughly 20mpg combined.

Low mileage is much better for the wallet...

I don't think you can ever justify one because no one needs one - but on the other hand, why should you have to justify everything in life - isn't wanting one good enough?

im sure the economy cant be as bad as the zed is that thing drinks fuel faster than shell can produce it but its also extremely rapid and immense fun i was supposed to be buying an economical day to day car but the 10yo inside me got the better of me again

My C43 was brilliant on petrol, I could easily achieve 30mpg on a run, 20s round town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom