New 2015 CLS ordererd - Orange Wheels dot com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Yesterday I ordered the 2015 CLS for delivery last week of October.

There seems to be very little with the dealers about the specific specs and it was a forum member that put me onto the Internet new car websites which do seem to have some details. Ended up on Orange Wheels and what an experience. Specced the car. Got a price. Got a call the next day. Discounts available (despite what I'd been told by some dealers), then a call from Listers MB @Boston to follow up, order done. Fantastic service. Material amount saved. Can't recommend the website enough. And can't recommend Listers at Boston enough (Stephen Dixon).

So, CLS 350 AMG Line with Premium Plus on its way, white with White (porcelain) leather and Black Ash trim. very excited. If the white leather was available for the CLS400 petrol I'd have had one, but sadly not it seems.

New 9 speed auto; new all LED lights; new style grill and spoiler; 8" tablet and Internet, and this time I'm having airmatic......

One question. Standard car comes with 19" AMG Titanium Grey 10 spoke. Does anyone have any details of what other wheel options are available as I am finalising the spec on Wednesday for the October build date. To be fair I will ask Listers tomorrow as the priority was securing the slot, but today have been trying to find out .... And can only imagine that the wheels shown in other car specs I.e. E class will be available.

Any info found gratefully received

Marc

Are you not able to pop down to MB local to pick up a brochure or review catalogue online?

:eek:

See the attached pic. Be careful though the 19 inch are summer tyres only. The 18" have all weather tyres.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 70
[S-TAG][/S-TAG]
See the attached pic. Be careful though the 19 inch are summer tyres only. The 18" have all weather tyres.

I'll be keeping by 19" winters (AMG) for the replacement car as the tyres are spot on. I see the 10 spoke Titanium AMGs not pictured but have found a pic on the E class brochure .....

With regard to a dealer brochure, one dealer had absolutely no info at all, and one had some colour pictures printed from autocar website.

How bizarre is that.

Marc

Last edited:
Dealers are bloody hopeless for brochures and info....often the simply want to sell stock cars....

Try some searches online hopefully something pops up.

You may be able to answer a question tho, do tyou know if the coloured LED found its way into the 2015 headlights...I wondered if this might beat regs or not when the pictures was first released...?

ATB with the car.

Welcome to the CLS club !!!:D

Slight OT Marc, but how have you got on with your current CLS? I'm assuming that it's been good?

Dealers are bloody hopeless for brochures and info....often the simply want to sell stock cars....

Try some searches online hopefully something pops up.

You may be able to answer a question tho, do tyou know if the coloured LED found its way into the 2015 headlights...I wondered if this might beat regs or not when the pictures was first released...?

ATB with the car.

Welcome to the CLS club !!!:D

As far as I can make out the very blue LED strip is the "welcome home" that morphs to a regular road legal colour.

What's happening to your current CLS?

Slight OT Marc, but how have you got on with your current CLS? I'm assuming that it's been good?

I like cars that are rare (well, around here anyway). So I don't tend got see many. As a product? Outstanding.

You'll see from my signature that this is my first diesel ever. Coming from a range rover sport, Maserati Quattroporte and my beloved E55. .........and with power comes sub 19 mpg.

And so the torque of the 350 diesel was welcome at what is an every day 34. France next week means 40's and a tank lasting 500 miles instead of the predecessor's 225. It got to the point where within an hour of fill up on the autoroute I was planning the next fuel stop. Not now.

Just wish the CLS could be made to sound the same as the new diesel Maserati Ghibli ... How do they do that ? Amazing

A lot of car for the money. Mine is being part exchanged but with a full year MB warranty still on it, and 33,000, it could be available for a private sale at £25,000 ...... ;)

Marc

A lot of car for the money. Mine is being part exchanged but with a full year MB warranty still on it, and 33,000, it could be available for a private sale at £25,000 ...... ;)

Marc

How old is it and what options does it have?

How was life with the QP?

Exciting and a sense of dread at the same time. Never ever broke down. Always made the most amazing guttural sound.

A service cost of £4500, followed 2 months later by a failure in the air con which could have cost another £3,000 were the final straw..... **** Lovett at Swindon were always very sympathetic but at the end of the day cost is cost. Whatever your Merc service, add a zero. A real kick in the sweets and apparently the price for some exclusivity. No regrets. Lots of kudos from my teenage lads. Just a bit poorer !

Marc

Ok.
I like the aubergine interior, is the wood Birds eye or piano black?
A sunroof isn't really good for me and it has the older switchgear, but a real deal-maker could be easypack folding rear seats?

Exciting and a sense of dread at the same time. Never ever broke down. Always made the most amazing guttural sound.

A service cost of £4500, followed 2 months later by a failure in the air con which could have cost another £3,000 were the final straw..... **** Lovett at Swindon were always very sympathetic but at the end of the day cost is cost. Whatever your Merc service, add a zero. A real kick in the sweets and apparently the price for some exclusivity. No regrets. Lots of kudos from my teenage lads. Just a bit poorer !

Marc

I thought the fixed servicing cost was £700 odd. If the AC went I wouldnt bother getting fixed, lol as long as the clutch and engine are good.

I thought the fixed servicing cost was £700 odd. If the AC went I wouldnt bother getting fixed, lol as long as the clutch and engine are good.

Agreed, then when you take it in they find some wear in the handbrake drum mechanism .... And then the rear wishbone bushes .....but then being Maserati they apparently don't just do the bushes and so you have to invest in the whole wishbone from Italy, Etc etc. lesson learned I guess.

I did have the calipers painted yellow as part of that bill so not all just service to be honest.

.... And believe me that engine could give out some heat and so without A/C the car was very warm inside ... Especially when the Range Rover was the cool everyday car ....

I have similar car tastes to you Marc, I have been flirting with QP's for well over a year now, although having said that it took me three year to buy a W211 E55 so it's only a matter of time before a QP is on the drive!

The only real thing putting me off is that it'd be used as the main family vehicle which creates two problems:
1. I have a dog so an estate/4x4 is a must really.
2. If I could wangle ^^ then I'm still stuck with a very small boot which isn't a great help when you've got three children and a missus that likes to shop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom