New A45 381 bhp Differences ? And other few questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SquabzZz

Car
2017 GLC220 4MATIC
Hey people

Long time no speak but might be on a hunt for a A45 AMG (or a GLC) to replace my C220 Coupe. So have a few questions

I know the face lift model has extra 21 bhp... and a few cosmetic changes but how have Mercedes gained the extra power ? Is it just threw the ECU or is the engine better than the pre facelift model ?

And does anyone here use the A45 to carry a baby around .. is it easy to get a baby in and out of the back ?

Thanks in advance guys :thumb:

Hey people

Long time no speak but might be on a hunt for a A45 AMG (or a GLC) to replace my C220 Coupe. So have a few questions

I know the face lift model has extra 21 bhp... and a few cosmetic changes but how have Mercedes gained the extra power ? Is it just threw the ECU or is the engine better than the pre facelift model ?

And does anyone here use the A45 to carry a baby around .. is it easy to get a baby in and out of the back ?

Thanks in advance guys :thumb:

Read this first.....

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/whee...onking-juddering-near-full-steering-lock.html

Have read about the GLC...

Still have some unanswered questions about the A45 AMG 360 vs 381 engine differences ?

And gas anyone here used an A45 to carry a baby seat ?

My CLA45 doesn't suffer from juddering

I think it just affects the GLC mate or probably more noticeable.

I do really like the CLA45 might put that on the list when comparing to the A45

Here's a quote from the AMG Private Lounge website, hopefully answers some of your queries :
Dear AMG Private Lounge members,

Mercedes-AMG has given its entry-level models, the CLA 45 4MATIC, CLA 45 4MATIC Shooting Brake and GLA 45 4MATIC, a comprehensive update and as such is offering even more driving pleasure and emotional appeal than ever before in the compact car segment. The technical innovations and further individualized items of equipment are set to place the sporty powerhouses ahead of the competition once more. The vehicles are available to order with immediate effect and will be in dealerships from September. The CLA 45 4MATIC costs €56,673.75 , the CLA 45 4MATIC Shooting Brake €57,268.75 and the GLA 45 4MATIC €56,168.00 As already seen on the recently launched A 45 4MATIC, the AMG 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine now produces 280 kW (381 hp), representing an increase of 15 kW (21 hp) over the preceding models. The maximum torque of the world's most powerful series production four-cylinder engine has been increased by 25 Nm to 475 Nm. The revised gear-ratio steps of the 7-speed dual clutch transmission and the new DYNAMIC SELECT transmission modes, familiar from the Mercedes-AMG GT, lift overall performance to an even higher level. Driving dynamics can be further enhanced with optional extras in the guise of the AMG RIDE CONTROL
sports suspension and the AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package.

The comprehensive modifications to the engine, transmission, suspension, electronics and equipment promise a further improvement to the highly dynamic driving experience: "Thanks to the optimally coordinated measures, our compact sports cars are not only the most powerful but also the most agile models in their class", notes Tobias Moers, Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes AMG GmbH. "They have all the prerequisites for enabling us to continue seamlessly with our success story in this highly competitive environment".

The breathtaking performance plays a significant role here: the CLA 45 4MATIC now accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 4.2 seconds, which is 0.4 seconds faster than its predecessors (Shooting Brake: 4.3 seconds, GLA: 4.4 seconds). At the same time it has been possible to retain the textbook consumption level on a par with the previous models: even the NEDC fuel consumption figures of the CLA 45 4MATIC and CLA 45 4MATIC Shooting Brake, from as low as 6.9 liters per 100 kilometers (corresponding to 161 g/km CO2), can be considered exemplary. The GLA 45 4MATIC consumes 7.4 l/100 km (corresponding to 172 g/km CO2).

Individual driving experiences: the AMG DYNAMIC SELECT transmission modes

The engine, transmission and steering characteristics of the Mercedes-AMG compact models can be changed via rotary switch with the new, standard-fit AMG DYNAMIC SELECT transmission modes. There is a choice of four modes, namely "Comfort“, "Sport", "Sport+" and "Individual" or "Race" (in conjunction with AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension).

Another new feature is the AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package (€2618), which sharpens the driving dynamics even further. One major component is the newly developed, mechanical front axle locking differential, which significantly improves traction when driving in a sporty style. The greatest advantages become apparent during powerful acceleration out of bends, where the locking differential allows maximum grip and high lateral acceleration. In addition, the compact sports models are stabilized even more effectively during load changes and in the high speed range.

The AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package also includes the AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension (€1237.60 when ordered individually): this comprises the additional "Race" transmission mode as well as two-stage adaptive adjustable damping. The system operates fully automatically, adapting the damping forces for each wheel according to the driving situation and road conditions.

Shorter ratios: the AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sport transmission

Another dominant factor in the agile and dynamic character of the power transfer is the standard-fit AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission. Thanks to the now shorter transmission ratios in 3rd to 7th gear, the driver experiences even more dynamic acceleration in all speed ranges. This is because together with optimized response and shift times, the closer ratio spread ensures better transitions when up-shifting.

Also as standard, the new AMG compact sports cars transfer the driving power to all four wheels for optimum traction and maximum driving pleasure. The step-less torque distribution of the AMG Performance 4MATIC system ranges from 100 percent front-wheel drive through to a 50:50 split between the front and rear axles. A multiple-disc clutch integrated into the rear axle differential redirects the engine torque to the rear wheels as required within fractions of a second.

Best regards,
Your AMG Private Lounge Team

The maximum torque of the world's most powerful series production four-cylinder engine

I would have thought the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo FQ400 would have this title...

I can't remember why the FQ400 doesn't get that title, something about it being a special edition rather than normal production car, or something like that.
But the A45, CLA45, GLA45 engine officially has the title, and has won awards several years running for it.

It's because the FQ400 was not a production car, they didn't leave the production line with 411 PS - they were production cars which were later modified by Ralliart in the UK to get up to that power output.

Last edited:
I had a suspicion it might be why they included "series production".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom