New addition to Google Mapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The volume of information gathering for this is mind blowing....

Clever but not available in the UK yet.

Clever but not available in the UK yet.

Shame. I wonder when the UK will be covered...........that would be a handy feature.

His costume is rather frightening. I wonder whose bright idea that was.

Yes, all well and good, but why?

Just because, thanks to technology, we are able to do something, doesn't make it useful.

Tail wagging dog again?

PJ

Just because, thanks to technology, we are able to do something, doesn't make it useful.

I agree entirely. This is a solution looking for a problem that may not exist.

Still, I suppose it kept a few computer geeks in work for a few months. :rolleyes:

I must confess to liking it and look forward to seeing a UK version.

Thanks for the link.

John

Tail wagging dog again?

PJ

Sorry have to disagree; I think its great and you have to remember of what it leads to. Im sure the guy who invented say the rocket engine never knew it would lead to GPS in our cars.

thats amazing , i just walked round boston :) everythings just where i remember it lol :D

Sorry have to disagree; I think its great and you have to remember of what it leads to. Im sure the guy who invented say the rocket engine never knew it would lead to GPS in our cars.

For the sake of pendantry, without the rocket engine satnav of a sort would probably still be here. Radio Location Systems have been around since the 1930's, and without satellites, the ground-based systems would have continued to evolve just as they did into the 1980's. Because let's be honest, it doesn't need to be a Global Positioning System, does it? You could manage just as well with Local Positioning.

But back to the matter in hand: this mapping thing doesn't use any new technology that I can see. Hyperlinks and photographs have both been around for years.

I'm not expecting anyone to accurately predict the future, but I can't see what this could lead to that we couldn't have got to anyway because all the technology existied before.

Therefore, I will ask again, what use is this thing? Why would you need to know what a particular street looks like, without actually going there?

PJ

For the sake of pendantry,
I accept that there might not be anything new, but what has been developed is excellent for those folks incapable of physically seeing what this excellent software offers.

I was expecting the US to come out with their usual paranoia and I would like to think they will not block this excellent program.

reagrds
John

I love to see where I'm going before I get there - an example is Im not that keen on driving in cities, if I could see where i was going before hand it would lesson my anxieties.

As for the GPS , yes you are being pedantic.

Ahhhh. Google mapping. There's nothing they won't turn their hand to is there??

Guaranteed 20%* increase in power and torque, enhanced driveability, and improved fuel economy, or your money back!!

* Diesels 20%, petrol 10%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom