New addition to the fleet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Hi All SWMBO New Ford Kuga arrived today. 2.0 Duratorq with RS pack mapped to 210 bhp. I can't believe Ford have come on so much they must have been taking lessons from when they owned Volvo as the quality has moved on massively and so as the drive. Just been out for lunch and so far so good very impressed. So thats me back in the w208 as my daily while I get my Volvo V70 up for sale. a few pics below.

Image_zpsvmakr2hk.png

Image1_zpsi5guoxmf.png

Image2_zpsollnmdsd.png

They're a nice car to look at and to drive.
The higher up seating position makes it pleasant for both driver and passenger. Did she consider any of the similar vehicles before deciding on this one, Qashqai etc?
Nice choice of colour too.

Thanks, Yes we test drove the following

Nissan Qashqai
Mitsubishi Outlander phev
Audi Q5 and Q3
BMW X3
Ford Kuga

The Ford was light years ahead and the dealer experience fantastic. We only dropped in on spec and they gave us the keys to the demo for half a day, salesman knew his stuff, no BS just a straight honest deal which got him the order

Next best was the outlander worst both of the Audi's horrible cars

Last edited:
Thanks, Yes we test drive the following

Nissan Qashqai
Mitsubishi Outlander phev
Audi Q5 and Q3
BMW X3
Ford Kuga

The Ford was light years ahead and the dealer experience fantastic. We only dropped in on spec and they gave us the keys to the demo for half a day, salesman knew his stuff, no BS just a straight honest deal which got him the order

Next best was the outlander worst both of the Audi's horrible cars
Surprised!
Looking for that type of car next year. Thought Audi might score higher?
Have looked at the outlander myself when taking my L200 in for a service recently but SWMBO thinks it looks too big & ugly:dk:

Piff said:
Surprised! Looking for that type of car next year. Thought Audi might score higher? Have looked at the outlander myself when taking my L200 in for a service recently but SWMBO thinks it looks too big & ugly:dk:

Mitsubishi is not the best looker but it drives well and a nice place to be, thing that killed it was over 6 months delivery

Audi's road manners and tyre and engine noise were disappointing very intrusive

The build quality on the Ford is truly amazing much better than my Volvo

Looks nice Ian. Now more to the point C350 CDI ...

Mitsubishi is not the best looker but it drives well and a nice place to be, thing that killed it was over 6 months delivery

Audi's road manners and tyre and engine noise were disappointing very intrusive

The build quality on the Ford is truly amazing much better than my Volvo

Did you look at XC60?

Piff said:
Did you look at XC60?
Yes posted on here about it I've had 16 Volvo's the build quality of the new xc60 is shocking I wouldn't touch one would rather drive a Dacia Duster. The new diesels just aren't up there with the competition

I don't know what Ford have done to silence and balance the duratorg diesel but it is so smooth and quiet it's unreal every bit as good as the BMW four pot and light years ahead of MB

Last edited:

When I visited Mitsubishi in October and enquired after the Outlander PHEV they said the the Govt contribution of £5k may have run out by the time I am ready to buy.
How would this work if you place an order for a delivery in 6 mths & the govt pot runs out during that period?

Piff said:
When I visited Mitsubishi in October and enquired after the Outlander PHEV they said the the Govt contribution of £5k may have run out by the time I am ready to buy. How would this work if you place an order for a delivery in 6 mths & the govt pot runs out during that period?

That's a very good question could leave you in a bit of a predicament

Yes posted on here about it I've had 16 Volvo's the build quality of the new xc60 is shocking I wouldn't touch one would rather drive a Dacia Duster. The new diesels just aren't up there with the competition

I don't know what Ford have done to silence and balance the duratorg diesel but it is so smooth and quiet it's unreal every bit as good as the BMW four pot and light years ahead of MB

thats a lot of Volvos! There is something about Volvos and Alfa Romeos that just tick the Niche/different box for me saying that im yet to own either...
im liking the blue colour of your new purchase. Im looking forward to hearing your views on your car after 3 months as im looking at getting a Skoda yeti, Ford Puma or Nissan QQ.
I think Fords are so under estimated and they seem to be really good value for money second hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom