New AMG owner & enthusiast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conrod121

Car
e63 AMG
Recently purchased my first AMG & went in knee deep with the E63. Waow, I'm impressed, 2010 E63 Black Edition with a couple of extras to keep me busy.

Plans are:

• Remap, Bypass 2nd CAT & open throttle up
  • Deswirl exterior paintwork which is annoying me
  • German style plates with AMG surround (Done)
  • Induction kit??

Would appreciate any sound advice from other 63 owners on what to watch out for etc.. :bannana:

Last edited:
Nice car. What do you mean by induction kit - super or turbo chargers?

Welcome and congrats.

P.s. Have you been letting Stevie Wonder near your camera?! ;)

Recently purchased my first AMG & went in knee deep with the E63. Waow, I'm impressed, 2010 E63 Black Edition with a couple of extras to keep me busy.

Plans are:

• Remap, Bypass 2nd CAT & open throttle up
  • Deswirl exterior paintwork which is annoying me
  • German style plates with AMG surround (Done)
  • Induction kit??

Would appreciate any sound advice from other 63 owners on what to watch out for etc.. :bannana:

Remap wont get you much gains as you will be running around 520BHP.....No gains from induction either.

Only way to make significant gains would be to install long tube headers (which would push you up towards 550-560bhp).

Next step is to stick a Weistec Supercharger.

Or simple way to make gains is a NOS kit (Wizards of Nos).

I remember Jimmys car looked exactly like yours he went stage 2 Supercharger and NOS and ran at 820 BHP...think that still holds the record for most powerful 6.3 in the UK....

Speak with Acid at MSL he will keep you in the right direction....:devil:

Hope you enjoy the car as much as I've enjoyed my E63's - I'm on my second 5.5 Biturbo :D

One bit of advice I'd offer is that they are prone to stone chipping on the lower part of the front wings behind the front wheels, on the lower part of the sills - again behind the front wheels - on the trailing edge of the rear doors (on the "Ponton" crease area), and on the leading portion of the rear wheel arches where it meets the rear doors. On an Obsidian Black car this really shows up, so if yours is OK in those areas now, I'd seriously think about putting some 3M protective film on those bits if nowhere else.

Remap wont get you much gains as you will be running around 520BHP.....No gains from induction either.

Only way to make significant gains would be to install long tube headers (which would push you up towards 550-560bhp).

Next step is to stick a Weistec Supercharger.

Or simple way to make gains is a NOS kit (Wizards of Nos).

I remember Jimmys car looked exactly like yours he went stage 2 Supercharger and NOS and ran at 820 BHP...think that still holds the record for most powerful 6.3 in the UK....

Speak with Acid at MSL he will keep you in the right direction....:devil:

Lee,

I would love to Turbo or Supercharge it but to honest I see that as creating hassle for myself and possibly voiding the warranty which was a massive factor in purchasing the car.
Which is why I was looking along the lines of a subtle remap, throttle unrestricted and cat bypass.
I'm based in N.I.

Overall, beautiful car to drive, faulty fuel gauge is a pain! :doh: Very impressed with the gizmos! :)

Lee,

I would love to Turbo or Supercharge it but to honest I see that as creating hassle for myself and possibly voiding the warranty which was a massive factor in purchasing the car.
Which is why I was looking along the lines of a subtle remap, throttle unrestricted and cat bypass.
I'm based in N.I.

Overall, beautiful car to drive, faulty fuel gauge is a pain! :doh: Very impressed with the gizmos! :)

Yeah the Supercharger would effect the warranty LOL.

In that case dont be fooled by anyone into thinking that a remap will make any difference...maybe slight difference in how the car responds but no major power increase (that would be noticeable). there are plenty people out there that will tell you a map will make a difference but it wont.

The C63's are resticted to 457BHP (stock ones) and the map simply opens up the throttle to the E class spec (thats in basic terms).

One thing that will help performance is a Limited Slip diff...either wavetrac or Quaife.
Removing the secondary cats will also make it sound a lot deeper.

Congratulations lovely car, I am a big fan of the n/a m156 engine it's epic!

Got a good go at her on Monday, not overly happy as I can spot a lot of swirl marks and the fact it's black in color it shows up everything.

Booked in to get detailed at the end of April. :bannana:

Appreciate the comments, overall I'm delighted with it.

Last edited:
Looking Good Conrod, get those swirls polished out and she'll look gorgeous.

Keep us updated.

Welcome, black cars are murder with the slightest swirl/imperfection showing up.

Looks great - welcome to the forum!

Great looking car.
Set of wide concave rims and it'll look awesome.

I'd say high-flow filters, bit of exhaust work, a map to compliment and a bit of carbon here and there and it'll be good to go.

As lee said, not a great deal you can do with a naturally aspirated engine but, to be fair, it's a hoot as it is.

Looks great :thumb:.

At post #1 you called it a Black Edition - can you expand please?

Very nice, I've had 2 brand new black cars before, constant job chasing swirl marks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom