New Apple Mac software : iLife '06

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
If any of the Mac owners are wondering about what the new version of iLife is all about, I can probably help. I visited the Apple Store yesterday and purchased a copy..... :D

There are a few early reviews of the new package around: http://www.macworld.com/ is probably worth a quick look.

Anyway, it takes about 35-40 mins to upgrade from iLife '05 on my Mac Mini and no problems were encountered during that process.

iPhoto pointed out that it wanted to upgrade my library upon first run. Seems very similar and I cannot say that I've immediately noticed any major differences. The new orderable calendars are to die for.

iDVD has new themes, including widescreen - these look really amazing and I'll probably end up using them alot. Minor navigation differences too, which look helpful. Also has much better support for 3rd party (non apple) dvd burners.

iMovie HD also has some navigation changes and looks rather good.

iWeb is the new application for web publishing at home, and to be honest it looks really good. Some of the templates are the best I have ever seen. Will probably make life very easy for most who use it.

iTunes/Quicktime are downloadable anyway and are not worth a mention.

Garageband looks samey to me, but then again I don't use it much.

In real terms, I think that the £50 asking price is a pittance given the ability of the photo and video editing applications. I doubt that you could assemble a group of better software for similar money on any pc, let alone the mac.

iLife

FYI the new iLife needs 10.4.4 to install & run

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom