New baby Jaguar - a serious contender?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks good from the front, but the rear looks like a Citroen C5.

I would rather have a high powered BMW 4 series than the jaguar

Looks a nice car...until your broken down on the M6 hard shoulder...:rolleyes:

Unfortunately the review seems to centre round the new Ingenium 2 litre 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine---- haven't they been listening---?:ban:

OK they got their fingers burned last time when they offered us V6 petrols with 4WD when the world was turning to 4 cylinder turbo diesel "rep mobiles to save the planet" but have they missed the boat again? :dk:

Last edited:
At least it looks different to everything else out there……….oh. Wait a minute.

Look like an A4, Bmw 3 series and Maserati Granturismo somehow had a baby.

Rear definitely looks like an A4 to me...

Nice change from the competition and competition is great. Would I consider a used one over a C-Class or a 3 Series? Why not. Petrol please.

Rear definitely looks like an A4 to me...

Yup, chop it off from the front wings and from there back on the side looks like an S line audi.

Unfortunately the review seems to centre round the new Ingenium 2 litre 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine---- haven't they been listening

Ingenium is a 500cc per cylinder based engine in PETROL and Diesel. :)

V6 AWD X-types were great to drive if a bit to retro.

Jaguar are out-Lexusing Lexus in contemporary styling.

I hope it sells in the 100's of thousands.

A great car in the end. I think Jag have nailed it this time, it seems Auto Express are very satisfied with the XE prototype they reviewed and I'm sure many others would be too.

Im looking forward to see it for real

There now is a 'proper' Jag contender for the the German rivals

Nice change from the competition and competition is great.

Exactly - good to keep pressure on the incumbents.

I think the Jag will be dear though, and they've said they're not going to chase volume. I reckon they'll struggle in the crucial company car market.

Impressive low emissions of the diesel engine should appeal to fleet buyers.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=GmHiEjpjjEQ#t=13[/YOUTUBE]

Ingenium is a 500cc per cylinder based engine in PETROL and Diesel. :)

Point taken---BUT they have chosen to bring out the diesel 4 pot of this engine first with the petrol not scheduled till 2016! :eek: A tour round the Jag XE's engine factory - BBC Top Gear
Which says to me they have chosen to stick with the "tried and tested" "powerplant standard " aspirational euro-rep-mobile market. :fail This a market already dominated by Audi/BMW/Mercedes and very difficult to break into? :confused: Now try the alternative--- be the first to offer a really modern sexy 4 cylinder petrol engined repmobile :cool: ---- that's different from the rest--- get a jump ahead of the opposition with the coming swing to petrol---- get re-established or carve your own niche in the market before the others catch up. But no----- lets be safe and go down the same old AUD_BM_MB clone route. :doh: I always cite the Nissan QASHQAI as an example of a design that created a market for itself where none existed. A jacked up hatchback who'd have thought it?:p Is this model radical/innovative enough to be the car to revive Jaguar's medium saloon car fortunes against the big boys? I fear not but the JAG bean counters will sleep soundly in their beds----- for now. :dk:

Erm, Jaguar have topped the JD Power ratings for the last three years.

I'll tell that to the guy here with a 58 plate XF who has had lots of electronic grief with it.

Might make him feel better.

:D

I have an invite to go and see one at my local dealers next month. Looks good on paper so am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom