new camera (to me...M25 south at M40 / M4)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
my bint got flashed at 85 2nd gantry after the M40 turnoff heading towards the M4...

i didnt know there were cameras there... :rolleyes:

guydewdney said:
my bint got flashed at 85 2nd gantry after the M40 turnoff heading towards the M4...

i didnt know there were cameras there... :rolleyes:

Sure are. Both ways, between M4 and A3 loads, between M4 and M40 less, but they are there.

When not on variable limit they are quite tolerant - I think 85 is about as low as they go off.

Has she had a ticket? I went through there rather faster the other day.... :(

I've never actually seen them go off, so I didn't think there was anything in the box.....

Do the cameras on the gantries on the M25 flash?? Seen a load of people go past me over the advertised limit and did not see a flash off the back of their car?

BenzComander said:
Do the cameras on the gantries on the M25 flash?? Seen a load of people go past me over the advertised limit and did not see a flash off the back of their car?

They definitely do flash, don't know what threshold they're set at, also remember that they're not all live (although they should still flash regardless).

i knew about the m4 - a3 cameras - it was the m40 - m4 ones i didnt know about...

ill let you knwo if she gets a NIP...

I got flashed by this camera about five weeks ago - it is (from memory) outside of the variable speed limit area. Also, I remember that the powers that be said that the variable limit cameras would only catch drivers when the variable limits were operating.
I went through at about 90mph at midnight during the week - the only car on the road. I didn't get the dreaded recorded delivery so - Phew!

Maybe it's a dummy?

There is one camera in each direction on the M25 between M4 + M40 junctions within the variable speed limit (according to my RoadPilot) - if my bad memory serves me rightly, these were installed when the variable limit was extended up to the M40 (think it used to stop at the M4 junction...)

Really do highly recommend GPS camera devices - come in very useful, even when you are trying to behave (bought mine after luckily avoiding setting off a Gatso after going into a 50 from a 70 whilst having the signs obscured by HGVs - don't mind the fines so much, but loosing my license would not be good for my income!)

There have been cameras on the those gantries since shortly after they were put up a (tries to think back) few years ago.
You can tell which ones have cameras by the different boxes on them (different to the ones for the lights)
I wouldn't have thought 85 was fast enough for them to catch you though, unless there was a variable speed limit in place?

Fingers crossed for your 'bint'.
:D

Sparky.

Entire section between M40 and A3 is a minefield and some caution is required, especially around Heathrow where the Terminal 5 works have resulted in a 40 limit.

This is enforced by some "temporary" cameras which are shown up by a GPS system but there are also some mobile units from time to time.

Satch said:
Entire section between M40 and A3 is a minefield and some caution is required, especially around Heathrow where the Terminal 5 works have resulted in a 40 limit.

This is enforced by some "temporary" cameras which are shown up by a GPS system but there are also some mobile units from time to time.
The M4 - A3 40 m.p.h. limit cameras ALWAYS flash. 2 or 3 of the M25 S-bound cameras at the M40 have been flashing willy-nilly this last couple of weeks at cars doing anything over 70 m.p.h. One of the M25 N-bound cameras at the M40 has been flashing this week at random. Went through both these at 80 before I realised, heard nothing yet. As I do about 20 Cambridge - Heathrow runs a week I keep an eagle eye on all this! Will keep you posted

The only time I've been flashed & received the NIP, the case was withdrawn/not proceeded with when I went to court.
There is a loophole/get out in the procedure which has'nt been addressed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom