New Car Day Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alymac

Car
W213 E220 AMG Line Saloon Premium+
Evening all, had a lovely day today collecting our new E class from MB Manchester after a whirlwind couple of days, seriously can't fault these guys, they were absolutely superb to deal with.

We had sold our W212 a fortnight ago privately and had intended to use the cabriolet for a while as we had only covered just under 3k miles since buying it last April, we put it in for it's 1st service at our local dealers ( Ayr ) on Monday at 2889 miles, while there we had a wander round the forecourt, turns out this is quite a dangerous thing to do with the wife :doh::D, anyway we had a good look at the new e class and we were quite impressed, decided to look into one when we got home by calling Glasgow, who we'd bought the previous two from....nightmare, couldn't get a call answered or returned from the two salesman that we know up there, finally on Wednesday i managed to speak to a different member of the sales team, explained what i was after etc & that i'd quite like to trade in the cabriolet.... his response, " can't get you a car like that till July & you'd be better going to wbac with your car" :wallbash::dk:, quite pee'd off we decided to take a drive back down to Ayr and speak with the sales guys down there, had 5-10 minutes with one of the team, explained what i was after & that we had received a quote from carwow, quite dismissive in my opinion, " we can't get close to their price and we can't get you a car like that until July probably " , i hadn't even mentioned a price :( again quite deflated we left.

We went for a coffee and realised we'd have to look at alternatives to new etc so loaded up autotrader in the coffee shop and had a look, found exactly what we were looking for ( premium + with comand in white ) 3 months old at MB Manchester, made a quick call to enquire about it and i have to be honest, the difference in approach and attitude of the salesman on the other end of the phone was remarkable, he couldn't have done anymore or be any more helpful, given that it was nearly six o'clock in the evening. I left a deposit for the car after seeing one of these video presentations they do for you and agreed to speak with him the next morning, yesterday. He called me sharp yesterday morning, gave me exactly what i asked for on the cabriolet and then said, do you want it tomorrow :rock::D:D

Now i know we all may have very different experiences when buying our cars at the various dealers across the network but i was extremely impressed with the people i dealt with in Manchester and i couldn't recommend them highly enough, it certainly made the 4 hour trip each way worth it :D :thumb:

It was a lovely day & i managed to get a couple of pictures....

A couple of the cab ready to head down....

and one of the eclass on collection :cool:

First impressions of the eclass after the drive home.....:rock::cool::rock::cool: should about cover it lol

Cheers :thumb:

Nice ;) , enjoy your new toy , I love my e cab now , took me a while to get use to it

Beautiful! I'm well jealous.

Very nice story OP, matched by your car. Funny how the quality of interactions with staff count so much in buying decisions and that few businesses actually understand that and practice it consistently!

Sounds like you're enjoying your car very much. Well done ! I do miss my cabriolet now the sun has started to come out!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Very nice! What number white car are you on? I just broke my trend after 3 on the trot

this will be our 4th one in a row as the wife loves white lol :D, it's noted however that she isn't responsible for keeping them clean:crazy::D

The cabriolet was / is a fantastic car, it was no fault of its own that we didn't really get the use of it that we'd first imagined, possibly living in the west of scotland helped there :D:D:D, certainly the person who gets it next is getting a lovely car :cool:

In my humble opinion this new E is something different altogether, i've been fairly fortunate enough to have had a couple of w211 & the w212 which we recently sold, i absolutely loved it and didn't really want to part with it but swmbo had begun to get designs on the new one, i'll admit that i wasn't overly sure of the looks when i first laid eyes on them but i could say the same of the 212 over the 211...... the leap forward with this new one is unbelievable, the technology in the car is unreal, i think it's quite scary how much they have advanced since my 212, i had a brilliant run up the road last night and i'm really looking forward to getting out and about again later on.....:D

Exceedingly envious. Enjoy it looks fab but do look after it, it might be the one I buy in 4/5 years :)

Post more pics and thoughts as you gat a few more miles in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom