New car decision pretty mucn made!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thompson31

Car
C250 cdi coupe amg sport
So the C250 cdi coupe goes back in December after 2 years and I have enjoyed it. A couple of regrets were rushing into it and not considering any options and just getting a standard AMG sport which basically comes with nothing!

I am going to get the new C250 saloon W205 Amg line next and hopefully with a premium plus pack (providing the prices don't rocket)! One thing I really wished they would introduce to it is the 9G tronic, does anyone know if it's on the cards at all?

Thanks

Jack :)

I'd consider placing an order now, and delivery times appear to be increasing.

If you can wait until December and it is a company car have you considered a C350e Plug In Hybrid - 5% BIK, 0 to 60 in 5.9s & 2.0l petrol. You can only get it in a Sport but the options are endless. It also comes with Airmatic as standard (it's a lot heavier than a standard). The boot reduces on the saloon to 335 but the back seats drop down

Don't consider the C350e, you'll never get it! But for a C250 you're fine, 3 months delivery is ok at the moment. I'd look at placing an order in July to be on the safe side

Thanks for the replies folks. I wouldn't consider a 350e as I do it on a personal lease and I would want an AMG line, I'm not overly keen on the look of the sport.

I did speak to the lease company the other day about ordering and she said prices will be stronger in Q3 so that's when I'll order hopefully!

As JBD said forget the C350e. And really start your dealing now. I starting in March and still can't get the car I want.

M12MKD said:
As JBD said forget the C350e. And really start your dealing now. I starting in March and still can't get the car I want.

I went to order recently but my lease company advised me to hold out until Q3 for a better deal.

Hope it works out. At least it appears you have a good dealer, sadly my experience has left me with little desire for a MB.

M12MKD said:
Hope it works out. At least it appears you have a good dealer, sadly my experience has left me with little desire for a MB.

Sorry to hear that. I use an online lease company called Claris Vehicle Solutions. In total me and another bloke at work have had 3 cars off of them, and to be honest it's faultless. Reason I turned to an online company is because I used to work for Renault in sales and the dealers could never ever compete with the online companies; I guess because they have no overheads to pay etc. and also they get the pick of every dealer in the UK so if one is behind on its target and is prepared to do a massive deal they'll snap it up.

I was a bit nervous at first not actually meeting a salesman and ordering a new car but it was so much easier. No money is paid until about a week after you've taken delivery, they email you over finance papers, you read through, sign them, post them back and then await for your car to be delivered to your front door. I don't think il ever go to a dealership again!

It seems that those that have gone down the leasing route have been fine, but the few that have gone down the buying route have had issues.

I thought about private leasing but I'd rather have the choice of owning it.

Sorry to hear that. I use an online lease company called Claris Vehicle Solutions. In total me and another bloke at work have had 3 cars off of them, and to be honest it's faultless. Reason I turned to an online company is because I used to work for Renault in sales and the dealers could never ever compete with the online companies; I guess because they have no overheads to pay etc. and also they get the pick of every dealer in the UK so if one is behind on its target and is prepared to do a massive deal they'll snap it up.

I was a bit nervous at first not actually meeting a salesman and ordering a new car but it was so much easier. No money is paid until about a week after you've taken delivery, they email you over finance papers, you read through, sign them, post them back and then await for your car to be delivered to your front door. I don't think il ever go to a dealership again!

I know what you mean. I used in the past All Car Leasing and I am now in touch with Claris too for my current deal, having been referred. I am in touch with Chris Ridley, who seems excellent. I am probably driving him mad at the moment, as I provisionally ordered an A6 Avant from him Friday, now after family 'intervention' I am swithering between that and an Evoque. Downside on Evoque is that the new tax efficient 4WD which interests me will probably be November delivery (my current E runs out 1st September but I can get a 3 month extension). Just can't decide- the A6 will likely be a better business car, or business like at least, but I feel a bit more 'connection' with the Evoque. Decisions, decisions.....

JDL60 said:
I know what you mean. I used in the past All Car Leasing and I am now in touch with Claris too for my current deal, having been referred. I am in touch with Chris Ridley, who seems excellent. I am probably driving him mad at the moment, as I provisionally ordered an A6 Avant from him Friday, now after family 'intervention' I am swithering between that and an Evoque. Downside on Evoque is that the new tax efficient 4WD which interests me will probably be November delivery (my current E runs out 1st September but I can get a 3 month extension). Just can't decide- the A6 will likely be a better business car, or business like at least, but I feel a bit more 'connection' with the Evoque. Decisions, decisions.....

They're fantastic at Claris, I deal with Emma Jackson. They're very patient and so easy to deal with. The deals on the evoque are so strong at the moment they're so tempting I just consider them slightly girly. If the new discovery sport fell
Into that price range id order one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom