New car detailing query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackSilk

Car
N/A
Has anyone taken their car to detailing straight away or actually waited a month or so before taking it?

Due to receive new w205 end of the month so was considering on getting a new car detail on it while I'm at it?

If you intend to have it detailed, absent time constraints, I'd do it straight away. That way the paint is protected from the word go.

So there is no need for this whole waiting for paint to cure malarky?

Aren't modern car paints oven cured on the production line? Your car most likely came off the line a good month back anyway and will be cleaned/PDI before you get it.

Get it over to the detailer as soon as convenient

Aren't modern car paints oven cured on the production line? Your car most likely came off the line a good month back anyway and will be cleaned/PDI before you get it.

Get it over to the detailer as soon as convenient

Absolutely oblivious to this. Would like to know more about the production process myself actually :)

I waited a month simply as I was out of the country and by the time I got it booked with Divine Detail it was about 4 weeks after delivery.

Get it in straight away, or even better arrange to get it detailed at the dealership before you collect.

I posted a thread on mine here:- http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/deta...l400-new-car-detail-divine-detail-surrey.html

The paint was pretty poor considering it was a brand new car with an expensive paint option.

If it's an MB you need to wait a minimum of 4 weeks. Paint carries on curing for up to 4 weeks from painting. So by the time they get to the UK you are probably OK

I had my 204 done whilst still at the dealers by a chap I've used a few times before. The dealer was quite happy for him to work on their premises and it took him most of the day to carry out some paint correction and fully detail and protect the paintwork and interior.
Made a hell of a difference to the finish and ability to shed water for a long time afterwards.

Cool thanks guys. Didn't think of arranging it at the dealer's to be honest. Will look into that =)

Bought mine in 2012 and immediately took it to a detailer for a Diamondbrite treatment. Much cheaper to arrange direct than via the dealer. I have to say, despite some hesitation after reading advice on the forums, the car still gleams and being white that is important! I do use Diamondbrite shampoo each week and then apply a wash with conserver once a month. I have been impressed with the treatment and have now started using it on the wife's Yeti to good effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom