New Chap, Wiltshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trucky

Car
Vito
Hello Everybody.

I own a Vito...

Now for the good news....!!

Naa, just joking, kind of. Had it a couple of years now, it's the first of the rounder shaped models, on a 53 plate. Never new a Merc would rust so bad. Found this place while searching for a tailgate. I found the interesting Topics regarding the rust they suffer and yup, rear arches too. Will, all being well, have a.spruce up this year and hopefully get round her and do a few jobs. Done a new bottom roller for one of the side loading doors, latch cable on the other and a new windscreen. Any pointers to good or recommended part traders or bodyshops would be handy or anyone who does a bit of that kind of thing themselves.

Thanks in the meantime, I'll carry on reading all the bad experiences now!

Welcome to the forum!

Repair panels are available from MB or from the continent….haven't yet seen an aftermarket UK supplier. I think 2006 on was when the vans were galvanised so you could source panels from a later van (up to 2010).

Thank you for the welcomes. I see another Wiltshire resident :) Grew up in Market Lavington, sister did a couple of school holidays fruit picking on the vines in the nineties.

You sound brave sticking with it, rust and all, cannot be all bad!

I do like the old thing and while we are still doing our house up, it is handy. I shan't ever have another one though!

Hi & welcome to the forum. As its already been said u really need one 06 and newer to avoid Tinworm but they are great vans, so don't give up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom