New diff needed on the C32, standard or Quaife?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John_Doe

Car
C32
Well the poorly C32 has sat long enough and I'm looking at replacing the differential at last. I've been browsing eBay for them and just as I went to purchase a whole unit last night, including casing, I suddenly thought what about upgrading while it's out.

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with speed or driving like a lunatic so I'm not too sure if a quaife LSD is really necessary for me. There car is standard and I hadn't planned on any other tuning but now it's got me thinking about other possibilities.

Anyone made the upgrade to a Quaife and would say it's really worth it?

Well the poorly C32 has sat long enough and I'm looking at replacing the differential at last. I've been browsing eBay for them and just as I went to purchase a whole unit last night, including casing, I suddenly thought what about upgrading while it's out.

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with speed or driving like a lunatic so I'm not too sure if a quaife LSD is really necessary for me. There car is standard and I hadn't planned on any other tuning but now it's got me thinking about other possibilities.

Anyone made the upgrade to a Quaife and would say it's really worth it?

It's one of the best modifications you can do, it really does transform the way the car drives. On a spirited drive you will rarely feel the ESP cutting in, we are just about to place another bulk order so if you are interested you can contact us at [email protected]

Sounds good. Where would fitting be? Means I would need to tax her too but would make life easier I suppose

Sounds good. Where would fitting be? Means I would need to tax her too but would make life easier I suppose

Our workshop is between Watford and Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire. If you need somewhere more local we may be able to find you an alternative. Where are you based?

Picked mine up this afternoon after having my LSD fitted, just had to take it for a spin, awesome traction away from the line, felt loads better around the corners as well :bannana:

SavMan@EC said:
Our workshop is between Watford and Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire. If you need somewhere more local we may be able to find you an alternative. Where are you based?

Tunbridge wells

I wrote this is another thread

Big thank you to Paul for a great price and service and to PCS for there usual A1 customer care, I dropped my car off Tuesday morning and collected today, courtesy car was a nice touch.
I've driven plenty of cars with a Quaife installed so more or less knew what to expect, my C55 already has many modifications to enhance the handling, the coilovers are fantastic, C63/SLK55 brake upgrade, power delivery is as you expect with any V8 AMG and prior the Quaife I was very pleased with the way the car performed.
The diff has tied in the rear end, more feel, positive and progressive when you turn in on the throttle, very little intervention from the traction control, yes the light flickers but no intervention, I love the front end turn in with the coilovers but it always felt like the back end was a couple of steps behind, trying to catch up at it's own pace, now I can feel the synergy between front and back, very predictable.
Most comments I've read in this thread refer to the increased off the line traction, yes this has improved and enormous amount but for me the bigger story is how it has transformed the balance of the car, as expected, one of the best modifications made to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom