1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

New E Class wing mirror lens

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by ronnie_george, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ronnie_george

ronnie_george New Member

I've managed to break the indicator lens, drivers side wing mirror. Any ideas where I can get a new lens to stick in place. Otherwise the wing mirror is fine. Any help would be appreciated????

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Banned

Car:
    Peugeot 403 Convertible
    Go to your local dealer. The part number should be A2038201421

3. OP
    OP
    ronnie_george

ronnie_george New Member

Thanks for the update. Couple of questions? Is it easy to fit? Will they have it in stock?

Thanks

4. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY17 GLC250d AMG Sport
    NB, the mirror changed with MY07 updates, that part number is for the cars up
    to then and the C class

R

5. OP
    OP
    ronnie_george

ronnie_george New Member

Mine is a new spec 2002 model 52 plat first of the new shape. Can you confirm if I can get one from a dealer easily and is it a self fit for a semi capable diy motorist?

6. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY17 GLC250d AMG Sport
    Ok, push lower part of mirror inward, so top edge is out, you can then see metal clip that holds mirror glass to mirror mechanism - unhook it with a screwdriver.

Then you can see how the mirror cover fits, a few screws normally (often torx), remove it, and change the indicator , again a few torx.

When reassembling you can preload the metal spring on the mirror glass, put it in place and then nudge it with screwdriver so it clips back into place nicely

R

7. OP
    OP
    ronnie_george

ronnie_george New Member

Thanks for your feedback. Presume the part is easy to get in the dealers. Anywhere I can buy same online?

8. television

television Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R230 SL500
    They all cost around £17 and easy to fit only from MB dealers and are always in stock