New forum member with a CLS63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc matt

Car
Cls63amg. Turbo d.pipes, decat, Quaife.
Hello everyone, I'm Matt from nth Birmingham/Staffs and the proud owner of a 2012 CLS63 Amg and absolutely loving it. I've only had the car 4 days, in fact I signed up to the forum over a week ago as I was going to ask you guys for some advice and to have a look at it advertised and tell me what you think however despite clicking the conformation email I couldn't get to post. I contacted the admin twice but no one bothered to reply. Hey ho, I've made a new account and here I am and trusted myself to buy the car. :thumb:

I've always been a BMW man (flame suit on) but there is no exhaust note on the earth than that of a C63 :rock:

So the car has been serviced (not main dealer) by the garage I bought it from however the brake discs look a tiny bit scored so I may change these in the spring when I've got a bit of spare cash. :crazy:

Now Porsches and Bmws I could bore you for hours but I really have no clue about CLS63's! If anyone can tip me on things to look out for/watch then it would be most appreciated. Also I'm after a set of AMG mats front and rear, would this be main dealer only?

Also I wouldn't mind getting a remap (nothing massive, just a tweak), would this invalidate the warranty? (I had a remapped Porsche 911 but Porsche still did warranty work on the car even though they knew about the map)

Oh, and is it a W219? It's a 2012. I'm no good with W numbers!

Right, I'll stop rambling and I've taken a few pics :D and some questions down below if I may...

C5C37272-B383-427D-ADB5-D59DFB1D444F_zpsasa8tzl6.jpg

EDAF033A-F6E3-433C-8A5D-D9F0FFCF864F_zpsswczmitc.jpg

4B5881AA-C0C3-4FE3-A919-ED6F7C48DCE9_zpsqhjtwkwn.jpg

17ACB057-9310-4F64-8998-92F19597FDAC_zpsqlbidsdo.jpg

Ok, is there any way of knowing the difference between genuine rims and replicas?

And what does this warning mean below and what does the cup of coffee mean? (Or is it a cup of earl grey?)

B4866301-CFEC-49DC-8FF4-24ECE8FBF043_zpso1mmyen6.jpg

There isn't a manual in the glove box so I'll be looking for one of those.

I'm pretty sure that ILS message means it's set for left hand drive traffic (driving on the right hand side, opposite traffic to the left)

Think you can change that in the menus

Popped into BMTR in Birmingham this morning to get the car on the ramp. Chap there said brake discs have a little lip around the edge but nothing major and plenty of pad left.

Despite good tyre wear there was a chunk out both front tyres so had to get them changed which was a bit of a wounder, never noticed when I looked at the car.

Treated the car to a geometry and a forced balance test (such a good idea to do forced balance, the new front tyres actually failed the test and they had to take them off and put a different set on)

3 hours in total, £150. Well worth the money.

I'm pretty sure that ILS message means it's set for left hand drive traffic (driving on the right hand side, opposite traffic to the left)

Think you can change that in the menus

Cool, thanks :thumb:

I'm desperate to get a manual for it though...

Hi Matt, and welcome. You have a nice looking W218 there, they went backwards in 2011 from the earlier W219.

You should have an interactive manual in the form of a CD, activated via the service menu in COMAND.

I'll let someone else answer the mapping and other questions, in the meantime, just enjoy the car for now. :)

Hello everyone, I'm Matt from nth Birmingham/Staffs and the proud owner of a 2012 CLS63 Amg and absolutely loving it. I've only had the car 4 days, in fact I signed up to the forum over a week ago as I was going to ask you guys for some advice and to have a look at it advertised and tell me what you think however despite clicking the conformation email I couldn't get to post. I contacted the admin twice but no one bothered to reply. Hey ho, I've made a new account and here I am and trusted myself to buy the car. :thumb:

I've always been a BMW man (flame suit on) but there is no exhaust note on the earth than that of a C63 :rock:

So the car has been serviced (not main dealer) by the garage I bought it from however the brake discs look a tiny bit scored so I may change these in the spring when I've got a bit of spare cash. :crazy:

Now Porsches and Bmws I could bore you for hours but I really have no clue about CLS63's! If anyone can tip me on things to look out for/watch then it would be most appreciated. Also I'm after a set of AMG mats front and rear, would this be main dealer only?

Also I wouldn't mind getting a remap (nothing massive, just a tweak), would this invalidate the warranty? (I had a remapped Porsche 911 but Porsche still did warranty work on the car even though they knew about the map)

Oh, and is it a W219? It's a 2012. I'm no good with W numbers!

Right, I'll stop rambling and I've taken a few pics :D and some questions down below if I may...

C5C37272-B383-427D-ADB5-D59DFB1D444F_zpsasa8tzl6.jpg

EDAF033A-F6E3-433C-8A5D-D9F0FFCF864F_zpsswczmitc.jpg

4B5881AA-C0C3-4FE3-A919-ED6F7C48DCE9_zpsqhjtwkwn.jpg

17ACB057-9310-4F64-8998-92F19597FDAC_zpsqlbidsdo.jpg

Ok, is there any way of knowing the difference between genuine rims and replicas?

And what does this warning mean below and what does the cup of coffee mean? (Or is it a cup of earl grey?)

B4866301-CFEC-49DC-8FF4-24ECE8FBF043_zpso1mmyen6.jpg

There isn't a manual in the glove box so I'll be looking for one of those.

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Nice model you chose to start your MB ownership with.
The AMG mats will probably be main dealer only unless someone has a set on eBay. Your model CLS is a W218 incidentally.

You live pretty close to MSL in Birmingham who would be happy to remap your car to approx 700bhp with just a map only. Give Acid a call there and he'll advise you on cost and expectations. (07765 444 447)
MSL Performance
If you had to make a claim for an engine repair your warranty would be affected as it seems to be agreed that the dealership can tell if its been mapped.

To find out whether you rims are genuine or not, whip one off and look for a number beginning with A218 stamped into the rear of a spoke along with the ET.

Again eBay is your best bet for a user manual.

Great! Thanks very much.

And the coffee cup symbol?

Hi Matt,

Looks a lovely example and exactly what I am after. Is this the car that Sterling had for sale?

Cheers Jules

And the coffee cup symbol?

Hi, Matt, you have got a beautiful amg monster and white is one of my best colours. Is it white diamond or polar white? The coffee cup is a safety feature activated when you see it on the dash screen, basically it monitors your driving constantly by measuring 70 times a second collecting information of your driving style, holding the steering etc and should you feel tired, it will send you a warning to take a break, the steering wheel will also vibrate to get your attention. It happened to me once after driving on motorway for several hours... very clever I have to say.

Hi Matt,

Looks a lovely example and exactly what I am after. Is this the car that Sterling had for sale?

Cheers Jules

Yes that's the one. He wouldn't budge on price either, said it was the cheapest '12 plate in the U.K. Which it was. I was hoping for a few more factory extras but overall really pleased. :D

Hi, Matt, you have got a beautiful amg monster and white is one of my best colours. Is it white diamond or polar white? The coffee cup is a safety feature activated when you see it on the dash screen, basically it monitors your driving constantly by measuring 70 times a second collecting information of your driving style, holding the steering etc and should you feel tired, it will send you a warning to take a break, the steering wheel will also vibrate to get your attention. It happened to me once after driving on motorway for several hours... very clever I have to say.

I see. Quite a good idea :cool: erm I'm not sure about the colour I think diamond. Again I'm new to MB so a complete novice. The paint job is like a beautiful pearlescent colour however the front and back bumpers are a more normal white. ....weird :confused:

Hi Matt, great car , welcome to the forum.

Cheers Pete. Nice motor in your avatar. What does 9G tronic mean?

Gosh, that is so nice, congrats on finding a stunning example. .

Cheers. I must say, what an active forum. Over on the BMW car forum it would be a few days for a reply :devil:

Yes that's the one. He wouldn't budge on price either, said it was the cheapest '12 plate in the U.K. Which it was. I was hoping for a few more factory extras but overall really pleased. :D

I noticed it quite a few weeks ago when it was priced a little higher. When they dropped the price a couple of weeks ago I offered £30k but they laughed at me. It looked a nice car in the pictures but is always hard to tell with them as they take them under those super bright lights, so there are all sorts of reflections bouncing off the car! I think you get some warranty with them so if there are any issues let them know. I'd say the wheels are genuine.

Get it remapped to 700bhp and enjoy......

Jules

Just read your comments on the colour, it is diamond white. Do you know if the front and rear bumpers have been resprayed recently? They should be the same colour.......

Welcome to the forum.

What does 9G tronic mean?

9G is Mercedes' 9 speed regular torque-converter auto fitted to non-AMG models.

Yours will have Speedshift MCT-7 which is the 7G but with a wet clutch instead of the torque-converter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom