New FWD European 1/4 mile record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eddie01

Thought I would share this, I'm involved in 1/4 mile drag racing and pit crew for a couple of teams, this weekend was the UK Outlaw front wheel drive shoot out competition at Shakespeare county raceway.
Good friend of mine took the European FWD record 8.85 at 174 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3gYN92ykI

Nice, i popped over there for a bit. There were some quick cars about!

Very impressive.

What BHP is that?

Would it be quicker with real skinny wheels/tyres on the rear ?

OP car was an FTO I believe? 4 pot single turbo, 8 injectors. I guess 650bhp?

That is seriously quick. Interesting that the terminal speed is so high for the time as well. It suggests that much time was lost getting off the line and that there could be even greater potential.

That is seriously quick. Interesting that the terminal speed is so high for the time as well. It suggests that much time was lost getting off the line and that there could be even greater potential.

The classic 1/4 mile problem!

You see so many joe publics at rwyb events with silly amounts of power but can't put it down. Pointless. Most time is saved in the first 60ft...

Not saying the car in this case is silly, it was a proper drag car.

The car makes just over 1000 BHP and 800 ft/lbs, boost by gear is your friend, it meets the NHRA class rules for FWD in terms of weight etc.
It's making very good use of the power,
1.5 60ft
4.1 330ft
6.0 1/8 @ 133.31 mph
8.85 1/4 @ 174.59 mph

Only have to look at the sped increase between 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile to know how quick this car was moving, that's 41 mph in a tad under 3 seconds, it will go quicker.

Very tidy acceleration there, as said FWD is going to be an issue.

I've been;
1.14 60ft
3.25 330ft
5.05 1/8 135.32
7.98 1/4 165.7

The off the line feeling is a real rush.

That must have been pulling massive G lol us FWD guys are just playing at it really

The car makes just over 1000 BHP and 800 ft/lbs, boost by gear is your friend, it meets the NHRA class rules for FWD in terms of weight etc.
It's making very good use of the power,
1.5 60ft
4.1 330ft
6.0 1/8 @ 133.31 mph
8.85 1/4 @ 174.59 mph

Only have to look at the sped increase between 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile to know how quick this car was moving, that's 41 mph in a tad under 3 seconds, it will go quicker.

Really interesting, boost in gear.
Can see that massive aceleration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom