New IPhone 8 anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh and let's not forget that Google make the Android OS for free, because it gathers data for them, and that's valuable to Google as they've many avenues in which to turn that into money. It has to be able to be run on any number of unknown devices that don't even exist yet.

iOS is written by Apple for hardware it's designed. It's meant to be pretty and integrate hardware and software as well it can to keep people spending their money on Apple's hardware.

I buy iPhone after iPhone because the whole experience is very pleasing for me. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably have some HTC rubbish in my pocket. :p

I'm not aggravated by your opinion. I was aggravated by the fact you think I need a talking to for my choice on what I spend my money on. Still not sure I've had that talking to. Was that it?

"What makes you think I do?" You said "Anyone who buys that overpriced and overrated brand needs a talking to."

In my honest opinion Mike I think you're taking what Roger said too personally. His post wasn't directed right at you but just his opinion that the price tag is a little OTT in general.

Just chill out or I'll tell everyone that you have a Nokia 6310i with an Alan Partridge headset. :D

In the words of Victor Meldrew: 'I don't Belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve it' :eek:

Whilst shopping last week I asked our 12 year old daughter to pick her Dad some 'trendy' trainers for our jollies. (I've had £20 Slazenger's for as long as she remembers. She picked a pair of Nike's @ £69.99 needless to say I had to sit down and breath into a brown paper bag. :confused:
I bought my daughter a pair of Adidas Stan Smith in July...£72!!

I'd prefer my 'HTC rubbish' but then we all have different expectations from our phones and different uses.

Yes Google make Android and many manufacturers use the base to make the OS for their handsets. Their own software (or at times bloatware) then is customised for the phone, HTC Sense for example which I find very good and simple. You could however unlock the bootloader and remove all of this putting on pretty much whatever you want, if you want to of course.
I'm sure Apple gather as much data as Google do from their users.

Funny how no one ever mentions how good or bad a phone is at actually making calls and it's quality :D

I tends to upgrade my phone when there's something else on the market with a feature that I would actually use or find useful.

So long as I can make calls, send emails and watch people argue on the internet I'm happy!

I used to use a Nokia Lumia 640, the phone was brilliant for the money. (£120) . The downfall came when I downloaded the Windows 10 software update on it.
The phone then became possessed by some sort of mobile Satan , before that the phone was everything I required from a phone . :D

Not unless you specifically turn it on when you're asked during set up.

Google sell the data and use it for advertising, traffic information and many other things. I'm sure you can probably turn that off though I've no idea, but I'd bet it's on by default.

Apple only need to know a subset of their users' usage habits to gain an average and know how people are using their phones.

IMG_0002.PNG

I didn't take it personally Ant, I wasn't bothered that he thinks they're expensive. He's right, they are.

I took offence at him saying anyone who buys the stuff wants a talking to.

In my honest opinion Mike I think you're taking what Roger said too personally. His post wasn't directed right at you but just his opinion that the price tag is a little OTT in general.

Just chill out or I'll tell everyone that you have a Nokia 6310i with an Alan Partridge headset. :D

Opps got a 6310i in my clk, works great, my handset is a Doro flip top (stop laughing) big buttons for my poor old eyes and does all I need. Let peeps spend their money where they please (as long as it is their money)

Opps got a 6310i in my clk, works great, my handset is a Doro flip top (stop laughing) big buttons for my poor old eyes and does all I need. Let peeps spend their money where they please (as long as it is their money)

I really miss my old 6310i. Suited my needs down to the ground (at the time). Around the time of the Nokia's phones were getting smaller and smaller with each model. Now it seems to be going the other way. Before long that floating screen in the 205 C Class will be known as floating iPhone. :)

Totally agree with your last sentence and I never insinuation anything other.

Here the Iphone X 10 reasons not to buy.... There for some reasons to buy the 8.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Sorry cannot edit for some reason...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
AND an upgrade video...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

I would agree...if you have the 7 then the 8 isn't much of an upgrade...same front camera but has wireless and new chip.

I wonder why they didn't keep a 128GB? Also I think it's disappointing only have slate grey and silver for the X, maybe a unique anniversary colour? The Jet Black was popular too

I use a 7 and a 7+. Both very good phones. In November and depending on the prices I'll probably flog the 7 on EBay and get either the 8+ or X.

The reason they didn't keep the 128GB model is because people for whom the 64GB is a stretch of their finances, won't be buying the 128.
Those who'd go for the 128 will just as readily buy the 256. It's to make more money, they're good at that.

I'd have bought the 128, but I'll have to buy the 256 won't I?

BTW, it's not a brand new strategy, they did it with the SE too. My 64GB SE is no longer available. Now you can only have a 32 or a 128. When I knackered mine recently, Apple replaced it with a 64, so they do still have stock, but they're not for sale.

I think it's fascinating how intense and emotive discussions regarding the whole smartphone thing nearly always get. As already highlighted, there are clear parallels with all consumer products and marketing and branding etc, but I don't get a sense that they get as heated as quickly?

I recall an incident at a party a few years back where a girl was telling us how excited she was with her new Macbook. No one was trying to belittle her or make fun of her obvious enthusiasm. However, when one of the guys was explained that it was really just a box of electronic components, the same as any other computer, she began with the usual list of how Apple did things better and 'differently'. The guy was an IT engineer and described in further detail how computers are manufactured. The girl was distraught and burst into tears. Clearly marketing and branding can be much more powerful than we imagine...:eek:

That's nonsense. "The guy was an IT engineer" Oh well that's that then! Case closed!

I'm an "IT engineer", and Apple do design things very differently than other manufacturers, and I won't open yet another can of worms, but this "IT engineer" sounds like a right **** to be honest to piss on someone's chips like that.

To drill into this poor girl who's clearly thrilled with what she's bought, that all computers are the same by someone who's apparently in the know, convincing her she's been duped by a cleverly put together advert is a cruel thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom