New IPhone 8 anyone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But you still didn't answer the question Rob, will you or won't you??? :D

:D

I have an iPhone 7 which is only a few months old, so I'll hold on for now.

Mrs D has an iPhone 6 which is on contract until this month, so she'll probably hold on atohcj longer and upgrade to an iPhone X.

The kids have iPhones too, but they have our hand-me-downs, they're certainly not getting an iPhone X!!

Haha, ..Bobby, my kids are grown up, I get their old model when they upgrade :) :) I'm looking forward to getting the iphone6 :)

I haven't even looked at the spec of the new iPhones, but I've always thought it annoying that you cannot pop in a memory card for photos/music, they are such a memory filler.
(I know that there is the cloud and Spotify, but why pay for a service to carry on enjoying things you already have?)

Haha, ..Bobby, my kids are grown up, I get their old model when they upgrade :) :) I'm looking forward to getting the iphone6 :)

I haven't even looked at the spec of the new iPhones, but I've always thought it annoying that you cannot pop in a memory card for photos/music, they are such a memory filler.
(I know that there is the cloud and Spotify, but why pay for a service to carry on enjoying things you already have?)

Hence the love for Android for those that are a bit more tech smart.... And want to be able to do more with their phones. Don't get me wrong Apple does core stuff well but when you want to hack its hopeless. I used to jailbreak but that's a lot less safe than just going android.

I've had the Iphones and android since they both came out and just binned my 7plus 256gb space black (no they are not waterproof)

In preparation for the new iPhone launch I bought and I'm currently running a 6.6 inch display (octo core, 4gb and 256gb micro sd) even I though was ridiculous. However I'm now not sure how I could go back to a lesser display. For surfing, content, satnav, Skype calling it's awesome. At over 6 foot and with a rugby player build its also more proportionate in size for me.

It does split screen so I can run Wase on one part have media on the other.

Do something different today, you might just be surprised.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

It's not an age thing, Yugguy, you're just not into tech. I can't imagine I'd bump into you at a Comicon, E3 or CES either.

Funny thing is I work in IT, and I like Sci-Fi a lot. But no, I'm not that interested in gadgets.

Each to their own though. I wouldn't spend a grand on a phone, but I've got a good 1500 quids worth of weight plates, bars and racks in my garage.

Hence the love for Android for those that are a bit more tech smart.... And want to be able to do more with their phones. Don't get me wrong Apple does core stuff well but when you want to hack its hopeless. I used to jailbreak but that's a lot less safe than just going android.

Do something different today, you might just be surprised.

Yeah I jail broke (red snow?) my iphone3gs when it wouldn't run an app I needed for work a few years ago, I may well get the 6 when daughter I'd done with it, but I may go android - just for the convenience of popping in a micro SD card, and saving a ton of £, some of the Chinese/Korean phones have great specs (for what I require) compared to Apple. (Ulephone power etc) I'm even currently contemplating android head unit to maybe replace Comand in the CL (if that turns out to be the power drain issue)

Yeah I jail broke (red snow?) my iphone3gs when it wouldn't run an app I needed for work a few years ago, I may well get the 6 when daughter I'd done with it, but I may go android - just for the convenience of popping in a micro SD card, and saving a ton of £, some of the Chinese/Korean phones have great specs (for what I require) compared to Apple. (Ulephone power etc) I'm even currently contemplating android head unit to maybe replace Comand in the CL (if that turns out to be the power drain issue)
https://www.wondamobile.com/huawei-...nlocked-6-6-phalet-dual-sim-mobile-phone.html

This is the phone I got.... For £320 it's an absolute belter.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Sorry, despite the disclaimer, the whole point about not having a memory card, or a diskette drive, come to that, is that data isn't physically dependent anymore. From a user point of view you shouldn't care where the data is, it just has to be there when you need it.

I went through the same debate in '73, when I was working on the first virtual computer IBM systems. People wanted their own devices, whereas we were trying to give people the illusion that they had their own (quarter of a million pound) mainframe, when, in fact, they were sharing it with others. (No-one can keep a mainframe busy).

I pay Apple 67p a month to keep some data on the cloud. It doesn't seem a lot to keep data safe and accessible.

Want to move data around? You just move data around using wifi or bluetooth. No connector.

Yes, I keep "my" own "free" music on my own machine, but who would want to buy music when so much is instantly available on a streaming service, or downloadable for free in a few clicks?

£60 a month and an upfront fee on VF =wow!

Virgin now offering 3 year plans

With decent data, the X could nudge £100 a month
That's a serious statement (of what I will leave to the forum)

Mrs F will not be doing her usual Xmas upgrade unless those prices come down....

£60 a month and an upfront fee on VF =wow!

Virgin now offering 3 year plans

With decent data, the X could nudge £100 a month
That's a serious statement (of what I will leave to the forum)

Mrs F will not be doing her usual Xmas upgrade unless those prices come down....

Prices usually will come down but I doubt they'll come down by much before Christmas. I do wonder whether that might be deliberate too, as demand is always high before Christmas as lots of people upgrade or replace devices at that time of year.

Also whilst they were announced at the usual time of year, the new handsets are being released quite a lot later, and much close to Christmas. Fanboi demand plus Christmas demand means limited supply and people prepared to pay an arm and leg for themselves or their loved ones.

Reminds me of when the TT came out and people were so desperate to get one they were paying over the odds to import an lhd one.

It's interesting how people finance phone purchase.

I'm in the process of switching from Vodafone to £10 a month on 3 for 4Gb of data a month, plus unlimited calls and texts in Europe. But I will have to pick up about £10 a month depreciation on my secondhand Iphone 7. Call it £20 a month and I think of myself as a heavy user.

Why pay more than £20 for virtually the latest phone? (Unless it's just being charged to a company)

Plans for phones | Unlimited data plans | Three

iphone7_review_adam_3_home-100683668-orig.jpg

It's interesting how people finance phone purchase.

I'm in the process of switching from Vodafone to £10 a month on 3 for 4Gb of data a month, plus unlimited calls and texts in Europe. But I will have to pick up about £10 a month depreciation on my secondhand Iphone 7. Call it £20 a month and I think of myself as a heavy user.

Why pay more than £20 for virtually the latest phone? (Unless it's just being charged to a company)

Plans for phones | Unlimited data plans | Three

Shame that were forced to stay with Vodafone Mike as that's a belting Sim only deal. Unfortunately the village we live in have very poor signal with any other provider.

We pay £9.95 pm sim only. Unlimited text, 300 minutes and just 250MB data. However, to be honest we never seem to use the all minutes nor the data so all is good.

Just upped daughters sim only with Vodafone. £17 pm for unlimited call, texts and 8GB of data.

What sensible Mercedes owners we are! We know the value of money.

Now, why do people finance phone purchase by those crazy £100 / month for a £1150 Iphone X deals?

Beyond companies and VAT registered folk, of course?

They can't just be the same people who buy brand new Bentaygas for £200k and S500L's for £100k ?

bentley_bentayga_1.jpg

Took up a BT Mobile offer. £5 per month, unlimited calls and texts , 500MB Data , more than enough for me. Wife is also on same £5 pm but she only gets 400 mins unlimited. :D

Ant, I may upgrade to the latest iPhone as the string in between my two polystyrene cups is getting a bit worn now and affecting the sound quality of the calls. Don't even get me started on the breakdown of the molecular structure of the handsets :D

I'm with EE and as a family we have:
iPhone 7 plus for me.
iPhone 7 for me.
iPhone 5s for wife.
iPhone 5s for daughter.
iPad (top of the range) for me.
5 lines £196 pcm.

£100/mnth phone contract?

I looked at leasing a car for the Mrs last year through her employer's scheme and a Fiat 500 was only £100p/m.

Mental.

Yes, seems bizzare to me. We lease a E220 AMG Line auto (with premium plus, night pack) for £209 pm. But, plenty of people are against leasing. Just shows we all have different priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom