New (Ish) C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63k

Car
Fire Opal Red C63 Coupe
Hello, Lee here! Username changed to reflect new ownership. You may remember me from such threads as "why can't I find a C63", and "why can I still not find a C63." ;-)

Very excited to say that I finally picked up a C63 in the specification that I've been lusting after for what feels like years (might actually BE years). I have to admit that it took a long time to come around to accepting that a Fire Opal Red C63 "might" be OK.

I have forever been a black/dark car owner, having owned a Sapphire Black BMW Z4M for about 5 years. I then vowed to never own a black car again because it almost requires a full-time job to clean (then I went and bought a black mule car for the wife, gluten for punishment I am!)

Anyway, I'm absolutely loving the car and the engine - Amazingly I had never test driven a C63 prior to picking it up, which I realise sounds like madness, but I've done enough research to know that it is essentially a worthy successor to the Z4M I was replacing, except with 4 seats, a better boot and a much bigger snortier gruntier snarlier engine pushing it along. I'm glad I was right.

For the pickup trip I flew over to Manchester, taxi'ed to Chesterfield (JCT600 Approved Used, awesome dealership), drove it back through Wales to Holyhead port, ferry to Dublin, and back up home to Belfast and beyond - 14mpg. What a way to break a new car in, or rather, what a way to be broken in by a new car!

Time for a picture ...

10284816_10153400300609787_7256381835930792225_o.jpg

No, it isn't an Instragram filter, the camera was just REALLY broken the day it was taken. Sorry! :D

Last edited:
Having seen a couple of C63's in Red ,I actually like the colour now .

Great car Lee and enjoy it .

Delighted For you mate - I love the adventure of going across the water and have bought my last two Mercs that way !

Red is stunning - if you don't mind would love a look around yours soon !

Health to drive

Looks great, I also have red one which was pain to find but worth it :)

Awesome car. Very nice. I'm sure you'll love the V8. I came from an E46 M3 into my 500E and I love the V8 (mine is super tame compared to the 63'!)

Red or silver in my book are the two to have

White comes a close 3rd !

Congrats Lee.
Hope it makes you smile like mine does!

Thanks for all the kind words folk! Now I'm wishing I pulled the trigger sooner, haha. I am going to have to plan to bring it for a drive across Ireland somewhere so I can stretch it's legs again, because the daily commute isn't quite "enough". ;-)

I know what you mean. My drive to work is around 15-25 mins and quite often with the dog on board. He doesn't share my enthusiasm for smearing conti-sport contacts on roundabout exits!
Having said that, a month in, the sense of occasion I feel every time I start it hasn't diminished. Long may it continue!

Delighted For you mate - I love the adventure of going across the water and have bought my last two Mercs that way !

Red is stunning - if you don't mind would love a look around yours soon !

Health to drive

Missed this Lenny but you're absolutely welcome to have a look around the car sometime - I sometimes attend car events too although that's happened a lot less in recent years due to having kids and being extremely lazy at weekends. ;-)

Great Lee - where abuts in NI are you from ?

c63k said:
Thanks for all the kind words folk! Now I'm wishing I pulled the trigger sooner, haha. I am going to have to plan to bring it for a drive across Ireland somewhere so I can stretch it's legs again, because the daily commute isn't quite "enough". ;-)

Do the Antrim coast in it. I brought my c63 up that way a few weeks back.

Down near Nice in mine now and love it. Brought it up Ventoux this morning.

Call for a mini NI AMG meet ?

Great Lee - where abuts in NI are you from ?

Just outside of Belfast! Unfortunately not a fantastic daily drive but the occasional slip-road brightens up the commute. ;-)

Do the Antrim coast in it. I brought my c63 up that way a few weeks back.

Down near Nice in mine now and love it. Brought it up Ventoux this morning.

Absolutely! The Causeway Coastal route is fantastic, and it has that tunnel you can rev the car a little bit in (just joking, I know it's about 5 metres long, but we have to take what we can get over here with the lack of tunnels! I'm sure most owners will admit their fascination with tunnels though.) I've heard that the Skellig route near the Rings of Kerry in the southwest is a fantastic road, must bring the car over there sometime. I'm rather jealous of your trip to Nice but glad someone has got their car out there enjoying it! Health to drive.

One of previous owners (forum member) of my c43 took it a 2000 mile round trip aroud France - would love to repeat

I'm in Lisburn Lee

Lenny, I completely missed your suggestion of a mini-meet for NI - I must have posted my post at the same time as you. I think that'd be an awesome idea, now to find the time and the weather, lol. Do we have many members on here that are from NI? I think I've seen a handful, including yourself and GT500E.

Also of interest to others might be the new thread I've thrown together on the Off-Topic forum for refitting my garage - It's been a long time coming but I wanted a decent "home" for the car, or a decent place to work on the car or other things about the house:

LINK: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/194399-garage-refactoring-build.html

:thumb: Great colour on the Coupe especially !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom