New Kenwood in my S124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tintinmt

I picked out a replacement for the system that was in my car when I bought it. I now have radio, single CD, Bluetooth integration of phone (HTC Desire) and audio and USB stick. I installed the USB port in the glove box and also a new lighter socket to power the phone when in the cradle. The microphone for the hands free phone is up by the courtesy light. All the wires are hidden:).
I use the phone in the HTC car cradle if I need satnav. The Android car app automatically switches on Bluetooth etc.
I can play my Spotify play lists in the car:D
Have not changed the speakers, as I am happy for now and options are pretty limited.

Attachments

• dash reduced.jpg
    dash reduced.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 65
  • socket reduced.jpg
    socket reduced.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Mic reduced.JPG
    Mic reduced.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 65
I have the same unit in my r129... it really is very good. Thought unlike you i have the mic in front of the dash cluster behind the wheel - i figured it would be better there in "topless" mode...

Like your usb connection - mine is down under the dash in the passenger footwell as am more likely to use it with my iPad which won't fit in the cubby on the SL.

ooo is that the kdc-bt61?im gonna be getting that at payday as the 15 year old sony tape deck in the w210 isnt cutting it anymore lol.whats the views on it and does the usb come with screw holes for mounting or is that a bracket u bought/made up?

I didnt notice the mounting bracket in mine.... but then I didnt look too hard either as wanted it as a trailing wire....

My primary reason for going for it over other units is the custom illumination colours so it doesnt scream at the dash in the SL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom