New kid on the block

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg5711

Car
clk36
Hi,
I'd just like to introduce myself to you all, I have just started the hunt for a CLK63 AMG. Now I know these are rare cars so am in no rush to buy until I find the perfect (for me) one.
I am struggling to find much/any information on the cars, hardly any reviews and YouTube is useless unless you're after the black series.

If there are any owners on here that are willing to shed some information then that would be greatly appreciated!

I shall be scouring thisforum for anything CLK63 I can find haha.

Thanks in advance
Jeremie

Cheers, i take it theres not much info really available on these cars?

Cheers, i take it theres not much info really available on these cars?

Hi,

I have been lucky enough to have owned one for a while in the past.

I can sum it up as one of the best AMG's I have ever had.
(Apart from the Blackseries).

I was even more fortunate that it was a convertible as well, which the noise with the roof down was simply heaven.

A wonderful choice for a car and you won't be disappointed.
Awesome Drive, Handling and simply "Sweet" to drive.

Hi,

I have been lucky enough to have owned one for a while in the past.

I can sum it up as one of the best AMG's I have ever had.
(Apart from the Blackseries).

I was even more fortunate that it was a convertible as well, which the noise with the roof down was simply heaven.

A wonderful choice for a car and you won't be disappointed.
Awesome Drive, Handling and simply "Sweet" to drive.

Ah thats awesome to hear! Looking at your signature i see you have owned some amazing cars! To be honest there are a couple of things that concern me, if you can shed any light on them?
Firstly I'm currently in a golf gti which i hate but its just a stepping stone as i move from the BMW 135i to the AMG which is the first of my questions. How does the car handle in the real world? The BMW had some handling modifications which mainly consisted of M3 parts. The car handled fantastically. I know these two cars are the opposite end of the spectrum but basically is the CLK63 a boat?

Also did you have any modifications on yours? if so where did you source them from? As you know the cars are like hens teeth and hard to find anything for them.

The ones that i have seen for sale previously had been on for a while, are they a hard car to sell if not p/x?
Thanks in advance

I see your ex reme.. i am currently serving in the reme.

Last edited:
Ah thats awesome to hear! Looking at your signature i see you have owned some amazing cars! To be honest there are a couple of things that concern me, if you can shed any light on them?
Firstly I'm currently in a golf gti which i hate but its just a stepping stone as i move from the BMW 135i to the AMG which is the first of my questions. How does the car handle in the real world? The BMW had some handling modifications which mainly consisted of M3 parts. The car handled fantastically. I know these two cars are the opposite end of the spectrum but basically is the CLK63 a boat?

Also did you have any modifications on yours? if so where did you source them from? As you know the cars are like hens teeth and hard to find anything for them.

The ones that i have seen for sale previously had been on for a while, are they a hard car to sell if not p/x?
Thanks in advance

I see your ex reme.. i am currently serving in the reme.

Ah ha, a fellow REME victim :thumb:
Rough Engineering Made Easy (REME).. alas mine was from 1982 to 1989.. a different time no doubt. But if you still have stalwarts knocking about... sink them!

My CLK did not feel large or drive like a boat :D at all. It felt compact and never thought for one moment it wallowed about. Mind you looking at what else I was driving at the time, it was the smallest car I had :devil:

I do understand what you mean though and truth be told until you try it, then your personal style won't know if it complements or hinders.

As for modifications, never crossed my mind to be honest.
Remember that the 6.2 engine is harder to tweak for significant gains for sensible money (engine wise). But with the HP already on tap, I doubt you would need too. As for suspension though, I don't know, but thats personal preference again.

Cant offer much else I am afraid, except I loved mine. It was quite a while ago but if I think up anything relevant I will send a message.

Good luck and remember. REME.
(Looking at the cap badge)
Work like a horse,
Feel on top of the world
But to crown it all off.
Still drop a Bollock
:ban:

amg5711 said:
Hi, I'd just like to introduce myself to you all, I have just started the hunt for a CLK63 AMG. Now I know these are rare cars so am in no rush to buy until I find the perfect (for me) one. I am struggling to find much/any information on the cars, hardly any reviews and YouTube is useless unless you're after the black series. If there are any owners on here that are willing to shed some information then that would be greatly appreciated! I shall be scouring thisforum for anything CLK63 I can find haha. Thanks in advance Jeremie

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Search for forum member Rashman he owns a clk63 amg which he never washes and has plenty of info on the car posted here.

Ah ha, a fellow REME victim :thumb:
Rough Engineering Made Easy (REME).. alas mine was from 1982 to 1989.. a different time no doubt. But if you still have stalwarts knocking about... sink them!

My CLK did not feel large or drive like a boat :D at all. It felt compact and never thought for one moment it wallowed about. Mind you looking at what else I was driving at the time, it was the smallest car I had :devil:

I do understand what you mean though and truth be told until you try it, then your personal style won't know if it complements or hinders.

As for modifications, never crossed my mind to be honest.
Remember that the 6.2 engine is harder to tweak for significant gains for sensible money (engine wise). But with the HP already on tap, I doubt you would need too. As for suspension though, I don't know, but thats personal preference again.

Cant offer much else I am afraid, except I loved mine. It was quite a while ago but if I think up anything relevant I will send a message.

Good luck and remember. REME.
(Looking at the cap badge)
Work like a horse,
Feel on top of the world
But to crown it all off.
Still drop a Bollock
:ban:

Thats good to hear! The mods I have in mind are maybe an exhaust of some sort to free that beastly noise a bit more, some handling just so its a bit better and DMS Automotive are showing some impressive gains from a remap, gains acceptable on a turbo car never mind an N/A!

Whats your thoughts on value? Is it likely to shoot up now they are no longer using the 6.2? Are the new ones that are posted up going to be more than whats 'normal' now because of the engine?

By the way I have no idea what a stalwarts is haha :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom