New laptop for work: £600-£650 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMuller

Car
C32 AMG
Hi all,

I have a budget for a new laptop.

Uses will be running office, maybe a small bit of drawings but nothing too intensive like 3D CAD.

Would ideally like a solid state hard drive.

I have £600-£650 to spend.

Can anybody recommend me a laptop, preferably with a 15" screen?

Thank you!

You can get an HP Pro Book i7 for that budget (or less) which is probably a bit overkill for your needs. They have 15.6" screens

I'd consider a Dell Latitude.

If you aren't doing heavy CAD, an i5 should be fine, especially as they are on the 6th generation. 128GB SSD may be an issue depending on the size of what you are creating and whether or not you intend to store it locally.

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

You can get an HP Pro Book i7 for that budget (or less) which is probably a bit overkill for your needs. They have 15.6" screens

Have you got a link to that?

I would have thought i7 and SSD on that would push it up well beyond the OP's budget...

I'd consider a Dell Latitude.

If you aren't doing heavy CAD, an i5 should be fine, especially as they are on the 6th generation. 128GB SSD may be an issue depending on the size of what you are creating and whether or not you intend to store it locally.

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Have you got a link to that?

I would have thought i7 and SSD on that would push it up well beyond the OP's budget...

HP 250 G5 Core i7-6500U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD DVD-RW 15.6" Windows 10 Professional Laptop - Laptops Direct

+ you can earn cashback using topcashback.co.uk from that seller.

I've used these guys to buy kit for 3+ years now and service is ace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom