New Member - 202 C180 Esprit Auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TGChilds

Car
1998 W202 C180 Esprit Auto / 1990 BMW E34 535iA Sport
Hello All

I have been lurking on this forum for quite a while, and considered it just about time to sign up and show everyone my motor. As the post title suggests, she is a 1998 202 C180 Esprit Auto, purchased for the princely sum of £700 just before Christmas. She has a little over 100k on the clock, was sold with a year's MOT with no advisories, and as far as I can tell is a good, solid, well maintained example.

The Merc is only my third car, bought to replace a Rover 25 which came a cropper in the snow. I have to admit that I am a BMW fanatic first, and I also own a 1990 E34 535i Sport. This is my project car, and I am gradually doing the work to coincide (hopefully) with my graduation in 2014.

I got into the Mercs after being so impressed by my Dad's incredibly hard working (50k per year) 211 E320 CDI, bought as a chauffeur tool. It still feels the same as when new. Plus the insurance benefits of the C class mean a 3 series is out of the question, at nearly £800 more per year.

Anyway, here are some pictures :

IMG_5605 by Thomas Childs, on Flickr

IMG_5612 by Thomas Childs, on Flickr

IMG_5607 by Thomas Childs, on Flickr

The Beast :

IMG_5195 by Thomas Childs, on Flickr

The Inspiration :

IMG_5618 by Thomas Childs, on Flickr

There are a couple of phantom electrical problems which I shall be asking about in due course, and I am spending the latter half of this week stopping the rusty arches and doors in their tracks. I hope to speak to you all soon.

Thanks

Hello
Welcome to the forum
Congratulations on your first Mercedes :thumb:

Welcome to the forum. :)

Your 202 looks very nice. :thumb:

Thank you very much.

Came home tonight to see that someone has half-inched my star. Bugger.

Thank you very much.

Came home tonight to see that someone has half-inched my star. Bugger.

Sorry to hear that. My star got nicked 1 day after I had it fitted. :mad:

Yeah this one has only been on for a week - the original was blown off by a Pole with a big pressure washer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom