New member Audio 20 Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ryan86

Car
2009 c220 sport
Hi all new to forum came across
Forum when googling my audio issues thought I’d join I have only purchased my Mercedes last week it’s a 2009 w204 c220 sport auto tip my issue is the CD player is coming up disc unreadable I believe it’s the bog standard audio 20 unit any ideas off fixing this or getting a replacement many thanks ryan

What disc is it? A standard CD, MP3 CD or DVD?

It’ll only read the first two.

Try a cd lens cleaner, and also burn disc at a much slower speed might help.

Hi thanks for replying I have used s few standard discs and burned discs I have used a cd disc cleaning kit not looking good

Oops.

Just get a Bluetooth audio receiver and plug it into the aux input in the glovebox.

The output is very low though, so I’ve got one that’s also a headphone amp to boost the signal. Was about 20 quid iirc.

I just leave mine on aux input, whenever I get in the car you hear “Bluetooth connected” and hit play on your phone.

Ok many thanks that’s a good idea do you know the name of the one you purchased thanks again ryan

Like this. There’s loads of them under different brand names.

You can power it from a usb car charger, which you plug into the 12 socket in the glovebox. And comes with a 3.5mm jack lead to go from it to the car.

I’ve safely had mine turned up to full volume for about a year. To compare, plug your phone into the aux directly, it’s barely more than conversation loud with phone on full and car. This on full makes it slightly louder than a CD would be, but there’s no sign of any distortion even at full volume. (Car and this lil thing). But you can find your preference.

Sound quality isn’t quite as good as a CD but far better than radio and far better than a few other of these little receivers that don’t have built in amplification.

Yeeco Hifi Mini Stereo Audio Bluetooth Amplifier 30W+30W DC 12/24V, Wireless Dual Channel Stereo Audio Receiver Power Amp Ampli Board with Aluminum Body for Sound Audio System TV Laptops (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MS4M2TN/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Thanks for detailed reply I have looked at amazaon listing and will purchase from your link only last thing is the power adapter did it come with the correct car one 12v cigarette lighter socket or did you buy separate thanks ryan

It came with the 3.5mm male to male lead, a USB to mini USB cable about 10cm long to power it, but didn’t come with a cigarette lighter socket adaptor. You might already have one for charging your phone? If not they’re cheap as chips.

I’ve got a double one that has two ports. One powers this, the other powers dashcam. Leaving my centre console socket free, and closed neatly. :)

Many thanks mate you have given me great info have ordered off amazon awaiting delivery very happy - on another note you mentioned about your dash cam I have a snooper id like to wire up like you did with double usb socket was it easy to route the cable for you dash cam from glove box so neat and tidy regards ryan

Yeah, the cable runs down the left of the glove box and slips behind the black fabric covered interior door rubbers, all the way up, then tuck it back under the roof lining from the windscreen.

Hi i conica I have purchased the unit that you advised I’m haveimg a little
Trouble connecting to my iPhone can I run past you how I have set it up and let me know if I’m doing anything wrong please so I have ran aux cable to car from front of unit I have put a usb to micro usb for the power source the blue light flashes on left but when I search my Bluetooth no new devices show any ideas where I’m going wrong advice is much appreciated

So the aux cable goes to the 3.5mm socket that's between the four gold banana plug sockets, that's the output, into the car. Make sure the silver volume knob is on full or close.

The blue light flashing means it's hunting for a bluetooth device to pair with, that's good. It'll go solid once paired, and on mine at least, there's a voice saying bluetooth connected.

On your iPhone, you should see something like F100 Music Play, yours might vary a little as they're all generic branded things from different companies.

Let me know how you get on.

Hi thanks for quick reply so firstly I have aux In wrong slot will change tommorow my only concern is I didn’t pick up no new Bluetooth devices I’ll have a play tommorow and let you know I feel like I’m close to having an awsome set up cheers

There's two 3.5mm jack sockets.

The device has two sides, or front/back whichever. One is all input, the other is all output. So on one side, there's the 4 gold sockets for speakers, and the 3.5mm output for headphones (or car) and the other side is all input, so 3.5mm from your phone if you didn't mind trailing a cable from your phone, or bluetooth, to keep it wireless and hide it away.

Honestly, once it's paired the first time, it's all hidden in the glovebox and you keep the Audio 20 unit set to Aux, then just forget about it. :)

Hi mate the first unit amazon sent was wrong one I have received the new unit I’m having issues powering the unit it won’t work off micro usb to car I’m having to run a 240v power adapter to a inverter to 12v could you take a pic of how yours is powered please otherwise it’s good

I will do. Mine is just powered from a cigarette lighter to USB charger adaptor, then the little cable the cable in the box from that to the unit.

I do have a cigarette lighter socket (12v) to 12 > 24v transformer that I've tried powering it with before to see if it made a difference, but it was identical.

What double are you having with it powered just via the USB?

Volume comes through low and will now connect to my iPhone it says through speakers something about connected to pc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom